Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Psychosis

[An...]

Has anyone here experienced mild pyscosis? Psychotic episodes. I only experienced this when I started tapering it has lessened but I get the waves of obsessing over one thought, then I spiral into 100 scenerios. Is this psychosis it feels like it  

[Le...]
11 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Has anyone here experienced mild pyscosis? Psychotic episodes. I only experienced this when I started tapering it has lessened but I get the waves of obsessing over one thought, then I spiral into 100 scenerios. Is this psychosis it feels like it  

It may be by definition but I am unsure. The thing I do know is that many people here go through something like that. I think in my case it was cause I was so traumatized and depressed from going through wd without even knowing I was in withdrawal that I could never stop reliving it. Earlier on it was likely impossible to stop cause of the withdrawal and later on I just couldnt stop cause it had gone on so long. 

• Sad 1

[Ma...]

No, you are not experiencing psychosis. These are symptoms as your brain is misfiring as it tries to heal and reach homeostasis.

When this happens try to observe these thoughts and not attach meaning to them. Try to float above as they pass like clouds passing through a blue sky.

Distraction, moving your hands, going for a walk and naming what you see: I see a green tree, a yellow flower, a black car-can all be useful.

And humming. If you humm, you don’t think-your mind stops.

Just keep going and try not to add additional fear to what you perceive as fearful.

• Like 2

[An...]
On 11/05/2024 at 22:50, [[M...] said:

No, you are not experiencing psychosis. These are symptoms as your brain is misfiring as it tries to heal and reach homeostasis.

When this happens try to observe these thoughts and not attach meaning to them. Try to float above as they pass like clouds passing through a blue sky.

Distraction, moving your hands, going for a walk and naming what you see: I see a green tree, a yellow flower, a black car-can all be useful.

And humming. If you humm, you don’t think-your mind stops.

Just keep going and try not to add additional fear to what you perceive as fearful.

Hey thank you so much for this your right. Sometimes I feel like it’s psychosis but I’m obsessing over thoughts and I think everyone is out to hurt me I will try that thank you very much 

[An...]
On 11/05/2024 at 22:39, [[L...] said:

It may be by definition but I am unsure. The thing I do know is that many people here go through something like that. I think in my case it was cause I was so traumatized and depressed from going through wd without even knowing I was in withdrawal that I could never stop reliving it. Earlier on it was likely impossible to stop cause of the withdrawal and later on I just couldnt stop cause it had gone on so long. 

I’m so sorry about your suffering, how are you feeling now have your symptoms lessonddd??

[Le...]

I have a few issues but am more the opposite at the moment. Sometimes righteously angry and trying to think of ways to get the word out and prevent this from happening to anyone else. Sometimes when I try to talk to other people I think have been affected like me I crash a bit. 

Some of my behaviour really surprises me. I have always been a really quiet shy person but am doing very unusual things for me without being affected at all. 

I helped a guy after a car wreck a few months ago. he ran into a 5 ton head on and the road was covered in fuel. i shut the car off by pulling the spark plug wires on one side(key was sheared off) helped him out cause i was scared of a fire and sat in my truck with him until the ambulance got there and took over. Covered in blood. put my shirt over the bones sticking out of his arms. I left totally fine. 

I feel very weird. 

[da...]
On 11/05/2024 at 03:13, [[A...] said:

I think it is perfectly normal to keep thinking of a particular thought for some time. And it is also normal to have several thoughts all at once, even intrusive thoughts during withdrawal.

There millions of people who experience these that have never took a benzo. 

people that are in psychosis normally cant distinguish if their sane or not. 

[An...]
1 hour ago, [[L...] said:

I have a few issues but am more the opposite at the moment. Sometimes righteously angry and trying to think of ways to get the word out and prevent this from happening to anyone else. Sometimes when I try to talk to other people I think have been affected like me I crash a bit. 

Some of my behaviour really surprises me. I have always been a really quiet shy person but am doing very unusual things for me without being affected at all. 

I helped a guy after a car wreck a few months ago. he ran into a 5 ton head on and the road was covered in fuel. i shut the car off by pulling the spark plug wires on one side(key was sheared off) helped him out cause i was scared of a fire and sat in my truck with him until the ambulance got there and took over. Covered in blood. put my shirt over the bones sticking out of his arms. I left totally fine. 

I feel very weird. 

Yes this !!!!!!!!! It’s like our emotions are shut off, I know what this is. I’ve experienced this, it may also be adrenaline in our bodies. I don’t know if this is pyscosis, but I feel like my emotions are switched off. I can’t imagine things before this taper, now I don’t care about anything 

[Le...]

pretty normal reaction to trauma i think. nothing else can really seem relevant or significant. 

[Le...]

ps dont ever grab those spark plug wires. i thought it was ok cause then were covered in rubber but i got a good jolt somehow. 

[jo...]
On 11/05/2024 at 02:13, [[A...] said:

It sounds like intrusive thoughts and anxiety to me. Very common and not pyscosis imo. 

• Like 1

[si...]

I think im having psychotic episodes, if not actually are stuck in psychosis.
This comes along with manic depression, i guess; and sometimes all these things are hard to differantiate.
It might be just strong paranoia, maybe a potential schizophrenia, as im afraid of that, because my brother suffered severe schizophrenia. It feels like i am not normal, i loose my mind; not just the usual questions, that are surely caused by paranoia: if i am crazy or not. When it hits hard im 100% sure i am insane, then anxiety comes in as well, mixed with that paranoia again: and i either i brake and im not able to think or do anything or i burst and i do stupid stuff, run off for days or do very irrational things. In the akward moments i am kind of watching myself doing this, like a third person perspective, not in controll at all. Also then i get clear moments though and i can tell myself it will not last forever; it will go away. But i just come out of heavy drug use for half my life, and a benzo addiction stretching over a decade. But im 33 now; so theres time... i say. But still, a big part in me doubts that constantly and tells me: you will never be ok. Actually i had god times listening and consequently following this idea, but now i wanna find out whats real. Ha ha: real! What a fake. 
Im on 2,5mg Clonazepam now, i think. Originally i was on 4mg. That was 2 months ago.
Since that it has increased a bit. But "luckily" the depression, also that lack of emotion and indifference towards life is blanketing something that might be worse. As i am a very sensitive, high strung character, its a relief sometimes, to not feel.  

[Le...]

wasnt really that hectic. 5ton driver was most frantic person there and he wasnt hurt. he didnt care about the hurt kid though. “im going to lose my job! im going to lose my job!”