Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

High Blood Pressure Spikes.

[An...]
5 hours ago, [[J...] said:

14 years ago at 42 years of age it was around 128/89? After Ativan use about 2-3 years later with Seroquel 25mg in Jacked up to 145/83 and slowly increased. My wife is obese and her BP is 128/79? I am only 197 -200 lbs. and work out with bulging muscles and I practice Kuntao-Silat and Danzan Jujitsu withy my 14 year old kid and I still am Hyper Tensive? If I could go back in time I would have done Garlic and not had my Gall Bladder removed and not taken Seroquel and did more exercise and ate Garlic taken D3 and K2 and not eating meats as much. But Hindsight is always 20/20. This sucks!

What is your diet like, if you don't mind me asking? Most ppl can lower the BP with diet and weight loss alone, provided they are motivated enough to make the necessary dietary and lifestyle changes after the acute phase of benzo w/d is over.

• 1 month later...
[Jo...]
On 25/05/2024 at 13:39, [[A...] said:

What is your diet like, if you don't mind me asking? Most ppl can lower the BP with diet and weight loss alone, provided they are motivated enough to make the necessary dietary and lifestyle changes after the acute phase of benzo w/d is over.

My Blood pressure when I sleep is 165/ 130 to 195/129 and I wake up stiff as a board with memory loss!  I have some sort of Sleep Critical Hypertension and now my heart is beating irregular. I am already planning for my funeral with the VA and my Family is in denial that there is nothing that can be done. My Hypertension does not respond to anything except Clonidine and that in itself is dangerous as it causes Cardiac Rebound and then death. I am afraid as I go down on Diazepam that I will have a Heart Attack. I am trying and failing at this complex set of circumstances and soon it will be checkout time. Tried Diet and exercise increases Heart Palpitations and irregular Heart beat. 

[Jo...]
On 17/05/2024 at 07:18, [[o...] said:

My BP jacks up too, and seems to be caused by emotional, stressful exertion, like when I go to an appt. I feel I'm a bit stressed but covering it up as best I can.  My BP is often like 160/80 when I get to a doc appt. and then they take it again after I've sat for a bit, and it's way lower, 130 or even 120/ over a good number as well.

Mine is way higher! 170/110 about there and it does not go down to the 130's. it Stays at 150 to 160. I feel I do not have very long to live and they may try pulling me off of disability because they are doing that to many people now!

[Jo...]
On 25/05/2024 at 13:39, [[A...] said:

I stopped all form of Martial arts and no I was not doing it hard just softly to have him have self confidence because we live in a racist area. As it stands I am having Palpitations when my BP goes to 150 over 110 or over which is when I sleep. I think soon I will pass as they are trying to remove me from Disability? Without Benzos I will be gone. I guess this is Farewell?

[Jo...]
On 25/05/2024 at 08:21, [[J...] said:

18 years ago at 38 years of age it was around 128/89 with BP Spikes & Panic Disorder and some form of PTSD as I just found out later? After Ativan use about 2-3 years later with Seroquel 25mg in Jacked up to 145/83 and slowly increased until it went to 267/145 sustained. My wife is obese and her BP is around 128/79? I am only 197 -200 lbs. and work out by walking with bulging muscles (from hypertension and spasms from the Diazepam detox) and used to practice occasionally Kuntao-Silat and Danzan Jujitsu with my 14 year old kid and I still am near critical Hypertensive with Panic disorder? If I could go back in time I would have done Garlic and not had my Gall Bladder removed and not taken Seroquel and did more exercise and ate Garlic taken D3 and K2 and not eating meats as much. But Hindsight is always 20/20. I have a repaired Hiatal Hernia that was semi repaired and causes searing pain and I can not use Nexium and diazepam together and the do not mix! This sucks! this is updated because I am cognitively not able to remember things and my wife corrected these dates. In fact, she is helping me type this?

[or...]

Changing my nutrition to very, low carb, near zero some days, fixed a lot of issues I had.  No more thyroid, T2 diabetes, heart palpitations, being over-weight, depression gone, headaches (migraines) every single day, have stopped as well, and yes the BP is quite normal now and was getting up there in the 150's.

If you haven't really committed to eliminating, sugars, high-carb fruits, starches, I suggest you try it, oregonlady :hug:

[PE...]

I had those really high spikes to and called an ambulance a few times. It's really scary.. nothing helped not even triple doses of my regular bp medication. They gave me loads of it IV and it went down. 250/140 was my highest what i know. I'm ordinarie at 160/100 so i don't have alot to gamble with either. 

It was 6 months ago since my last so i think it's sorted out by now..

Take care..