Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Exercise intolerance

[TH...]

I don't know about anyone else but pretty much every night I keep waking up after about 2-3 hours after falling asleep to these horrific symptoms. Again it's heart pounding, sweating, pains in arms, neck, feeling of impending doom, like I'm literally going to die, contemplating ringing 999. This only happens when I wake up in the middle of the night, during the day I'm usually ok but last night was the worst so far and I can't work out what's going on. I'm at a point now where I honestly can't see me getting through this taper at all. If I'm struggling at 3.5mg how am I gonna be when I do eventually jump. 

I'm suppose to be dropping this Thursday but there's no way I could face it at the moment. 

Can someone weigh in with what the hell is going on? It's getting emotionally draining. Thanks 

[ac...]
5 hours ago, [[T...] said:

I don't know about anyone else but pretty much every night I keep waking up after about 2-3 hours after falling asleep to these horrific symptoms. Again it's heart pounding, sweating, pains in arms, neck, feeling of impending doom, like I'm literally going to die, contemplating ringing 999. This only happens when I wake up in the middle of the night, during the day I'm usually ok but last night was the worst so far and I can't work out what's going on. I'm at a point now where I honestly can't see me getting through this taper at all. If I'm struggling at 3.5mg how am I gonna be when I do eventually jump. 

I'm suppose to be dropping this Thursday but there's no way I could face it at the moment. 

Can someone weigh in with what the hell is going on? It's getting emotionally draining. Thanks 

THFC, you need to keep holding until you stabilize enough to feel like you can make another cut. Unfortunately, what's going on is common in withdrawal. I would highly suggest holding for as long as you need and then cutting much slower. 

• Like 1

[TH...]
54 minutes ago, [[a...] said:

THFC, you need to keep holding until you stabilize enough to feel like you can make another cut. Unfortunately, what's going on is common in withdrawal. I would highly suggest holding for as long as you need and then cutting much slower. 

Thanks for your input. 

I will carry on 3.5mg for another 2 weeks in that case, then see how I am. It's just so draining. My patience is wearing thin. 

[de...]
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, [[T...] said:

Thanks for your input. 

I will carry on 3.5mg for another 2 weeks in that case, then see how I am. It's just so draining. My patience is wearing thin. 

Hi, I just wanted to ask you how long have you been taking Val?

Edited by [de...]

[TH...]
1 hour ago, [[d...] said:

Hi, I just wanted to ask you how long have you been taking Val?

Started at end of 2020. I have CT a few times but obviously found out that wasn't a good idea.