Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Joint cracking sound & pain

[da...]

Joint issue is my worst WD. I am still 20s years old and my joints are like 90s. The sounds are everywhere, my hip knee ankle elbow wrist shoulder and even lower spine. It started in Jan 24 and it has been 5 months now.

All of my joint crack randomly when I move or strectch. Only my left hip gets joint pain.

I still able to complete my daily tasks without too much trouble. But It is very demoralizing and scary. I did some checking and it turns out fine, so it probably indeed is WD.

I am worrying that this is going to stay with me... Anyone heal from the joint issue and may I know when it will heal? long or short term?

[Gr...]
Posted (edited)

Joint pain is one of the many symptoms  of benzodiazepine withdrawal as well as muscle pain. I had a lot of hip pain and neck pain lotta popping and cracking in the neck. I’m 20 months out in many of these pains have reduced tremendously in fact only bother me from time to time during the week just hang in there and I think you will see things gradually, get better 

Edited by [Gr...]
  • Like 2

[kn...]

Joint swelling and muscle weakness have been with me since the beginning. I’m now down to 3.161mgs of Diazepam after starting at 60.  A new provider has started me on a low dose of Pregabalin. Huge difference.