Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Has anyone had derealization and brain fog?

[Tw...]

Has anyone ever experienced derealization and brain fog after quitting benzodiazepines? I quit Xanax and Klonopin seven weeks ago. I don't completely feel a part of reality yet. It still feels like I am an outsider looking in at my life as my life is happening. I have some trouble concentrating and my memory, especially short-term, is very foggy like remembering a dream .I know that my brain is still healing from taking the poison for over twenty years. I have come a long way, but I still feel disconnected from the reality of my life. I don't feel capable of driving or working? Is any of this normal from quitting benzodiazepines? 

[Tw...]
Just now, [[T...] said:

Has anyone ever experienced derealization and brain fog after quitting benzodiazepines? I quit Xanax and Klonopin seven weeks ago. I don't completely feel a part of reality yet. It still feels like I am an outsider looking in at my life as my life is happening. I have some trouble concentrating and my memory, especially short-term, is very foggy like remembering a dream .I know that my brain is still healing from taking the poison for over twenty years. I have come a long way, but I still feel disconnected from the reality of my life. I don't feel capable of driving or working? Is any of this normal from quitting benzodiazepines? 

I meant that I don't feel capable of working or driving. 

[Tw...]
58 minutes ago, [[T...] said:

I meant that I don't feel capable of working or driving. 

I also have trouble staying on task and I have distractibility. For example, it is difficult for me to focus on an entire movie.v

[Tw...]

Please comment if anyone else has any feedback on this topic. 

[Lo...]

Hello, I have pd/dr and extreme mental confusion due to so many psychological symptoms. Everything with my vision feels strange, when I look in the mirror it is as if my image is distorted, I even stand in the garden of my house to look at the neighbor's house next door and the neighbor's house looks too strange, like I'm looking at too much zoom, I want to believe it's part of the derealization. Also when I walk, I can't walk and look forward, I have to lower my head at all times, when I look in the mirror too, I have never experienced this in my life, I know that everything is going to disappear gradually, I can't believe the damage they do these drugs, it has been almost 23 months since I stopped taking clonazepam almost suddenly and I am improving, gradually but seeing small improvements, my vision was very blurry for a long time, now that has disappeared.