Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Teva shortage and H2 Brand?

[Lo...]

There is a shortage of Teva Klonopin. I had my pharmacist order as close to the original brand as possible, which is made by a company called H2. Supposedly, it is the same as the original maker Roche. Has anyone tried this brand? I don't want to feel worse, obviously. Thanks. 

[Li...]

@[Lo...] If we have other members who are using brand Klonopin supplied by H2-Pharma, I hope we’ll hear from them.  As I’m sure you know, brand can be expensive (depending on insurance coverage) so you may or may not get many responses.

I hope it will comfort you to know that my compounding pharmacist uses Klonopin tablets from H2-Pharma to prepare my clonazepam oral suspension.  I have not had any issues with it.  (I’ve also been fine with regular 0.5mg generic clonazepam tablets from Teva.)

For members who are using generic clonazepam manufactured by Teva, here is the May 2 ASHP Current Drug Shortage Bulletin for clonazepam:

Drug Shortage Detail: Clonazepam Oral Tablets

Re: Estimated Resupply Dates …Per the bulletin:

Teva has clonazepam 0.5 mg tablets in 500 count bottles and 2 mg tablets in 100 count bottles on back order and the company estimates a release date in early-August 2024. Clonazepam 0.5 mg tablets in 100 count bottles are also on back order and the company estimates a release date of early- to mid-August 2024. Clonazepam 1 mg tablets are on intermittent back order and the company is releasing supplies as they become available.

The above-linked ASHP bulletin also includes a list of products that are available including NDC codes.   

Re:  brand Klonopin and H2-Pharma …

Cheplapharm (a global specialty pharmaceutical company headquartered in Germany) acquired the rights to Rivotril® (Klonopin® in the US) from Roche in January 2021.  In the US, Klonopin is now manufactured by H2-Pharma using the original Roche formulation; the name ‘Roche’ is no longer imprinted on the tablets.