Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

[al...]

Hi all.  I've been tapering valium from 20 mgs since September and am down to 11.5 mgs.  During the taper to 11.5mg my taper was fairly smooth with occasional symptoms after cuts that would resolve in about a week. I tapered to 11 mgs and my symptoms became severe after 6 days of severe xs I up dosed back to 11.5mgs.  the severe symptoms resolved after two days.  I have been holding  for 3 weeks but still am having symptoms ...  Not nearly as bad as when I was at 11.5 mgs but still painful nerve pain. Is it a good idea to keep holding til these symptoms resolve or have I hit some new baseline and should just continue to taper.  Not sure what to do?

Thanks I advance for any replies

[...]

@[al...], i'm not much of an expert but i think, yes, it makes sens to hold for a bit longer. You don't seem to be in tolerance, which is, in my opinion, the only time to go through the tapering as soon as possible. And, perhaps, it's time to make your taper a bit more smooth, longer holds or smaller cuts. I suppose it must help you. It also depends on whether you can put up with your condition or not. If it's bearable, then go on. If not, wait longer. Just my guess. Good luck to you!)

[Bu...]

You could try 11.25 or 11.3 just to see how that smaller reduction goes