Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Skin issues.

[Ch...]

I am having a terrible rash all over my body. It is bumpy patches red burning itching on my arms, chest, torso legs and back. It is horrific. Any suggestions I have to work. 

Thank you 

[...]

@[Ch...], not sure if it will help but when i had the worst symptoms with my skin, mostly legs, feet and hands with sores and scratches itching all over, i was advised to wipe it with hydrogen peroxide. It helped a bit in my case.

Working during the process... My admiration!

[Le...]

mine could be treated with hydrocortisone cream but it isnt good to use often and it only made is less bothersome and came back soon as i stopped. time is the cure. 

[ca...]
Posted (edited)

My skin is also itchy. Head, arms and torso. Also, I got a fungus in my inner thigh that I'm treating with prescribed cream. Never had these problems before. I assume is my inmune system compromised by the clonazepam.

I have added extra vitamin C to my Multivitamins intake.

Edited by [ca...]

• 3 weeks later...
[or...]
On 04/05/2024 at 15:55, [[C...] said:

I am having a terrible rash all over my body. It is bumpy patches red burning itching on my arms, chest, torso legs and back. It is horrific. Any suggestions I have to work. 

Thank you 

Wondering if that is what my skin patches are, I'll look through the thread for answers as well though. 

Mine are red or just look colorless.  They usually come and go, but the one I have I consider the worst, I can't do anything for it.  It's smaller than a dime, reddish, and bumpy, very dry and itchy.  Maybe the slightest burning at times, but not most of the time.  I think it sounds like yours but much less problem than what you are having.  I'm just hoping it is only my body detoxifying (a wd sxs), oregonlady :hug:I even thought it might be a slight case of shingles, but very slight if it is.

20 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

I tried some HP on this one patch, and it didn't do anything.  That's when I knew it wasn't going to heal, except possibly with time.  Mine's not that bothersome but it does concern me a little when occasionally, I find another small patch, which disappear fairly quick, nothing put on them.  I'm leaving this one alone for now.

For itching burning skin I which I now believe was wd from an anti-histamine, has stopped since I tapered off that, oregonlady

This hydrogen peroxide of mine mostly helped with itching. The sores and scratchers didn't disappear but they were easier to put up with when without the irritating itching. Now my skin is really better. Yes, i agree time is the best healer in our case)

[Le...]

its likely allergy or autoimmune from the stress. try avoiding soap. coconut oil moisturizing after shower before towelling or a cheesecloth of oatmeal. dunk in warm water then squeeze over affected area and see if it calms.  

you seem to have a fair bit so could try different methods in different places to be sure what works. 

i got something like that only appearing where body parts rubbed eachother.  coconut oil worked. 

[ca...]
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, [[o...] said:

Mine only itches if I accidentally rub it with something I'm wearing.  The Hydrocortisone helped with the burning itch though, and HP healed the scariest spide bit I ever had, so I use it for a lot of things.  Mine is really a very mild case except the one that not healing, guess I said that already.  Hope I find something that might work.

If it stays too long, I might see if it's shingles ;)

Glad you found something that worked!

Hi orengonlady, that sounds like ringworm . All these infections are a result of a compromised inmune system unfortunately.  That could be found on pg. 72 of Ashton manual under Inmune system. I have some infection myself on my self. Never had that before and it itches all the time. 

Edited by [ca...]

[Le...]
On 12/05/2024 at 14:00, [[c...] said:

My skin is also itchy. Head, arms and torso. Also, I got a fungus in my inner thigh that I'm treating with prescribed cream. Never had these problems before. I assume is my inmune system compromised by the clonazepam.

I have added extra vitamin C to my Multivitamins intake.

the jock itch and thrush are very common during this mess. try oil and no soap there. 

[ca...]
2 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

the jock itch and thrush are very common during this mess. try oil and no soap there. 

Yeah, it sucks. The fact that we dont sleep makes things worse as the inmune system strengthen during rest .

It also not recommended to use antifungal meds as they are very harsh to the liver. I am currently on my third prescribed cream battling this jock itch.

[or...]
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

Hi orengonlady, that sounds like ringworm . All these infections are a result of a compromised inmune system unfortunately.  That could be found on pg. 72 of Ashton manual under Inmune system. I have some infection myself on my self. Never had that before and it itches all the time. 

Oh crap, you're right!!  I had that once but seems like it had a white'ish circle around it??  I was told to put clear nail polish on it to smother it, and it worked!!  I'll do a google and see what it looks like for sure.  I'm lucky I don't have all sorts of issues but I eat healthy, especially foods that help the immune system. 

Anyway, thank you for the reminder, I'll go look it up ;) oregonlady

PS I found it and yes, it looks identical to at least one of the ringwork pics.  I put clear nail polish on it and we'll see it starts to go away.  I'll come back and let you know.  It didn't burn at all, but I was gonna care if it did.  It's disgusting, and I'm so glad you reminded me of the other time I had it. 

Edited by [or...]

[Le...]
45 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

Yeah, it sucks. The fact that we dont sleep makes things worse as the inmune system strengthen during rest .

It also not recommended to use antifungal meds as they are very harsh to the liver. I am currently on my third prescribed cream battling this jock itch.

i really really reccommend stopping using soap there and coat with olive oil or coconut oil on getting out of shower. it will feel weird but soak in after a bit. soon it wont hurt at all and the slimeyness will be gone. in a month the redness will be gone. 

constant use of antifungal/corricosteroid creams will treat but not cure. soon as you stop it comes back. 

[Le...]
Posted (edited)

ps ringworm is not a worm either. it is a fungal infection anywhere on body. called jock itch in crotch or armpits. this fungus is all around you and if your body is struggling you are vulnerable to these things. 

just stop stripping skin of natural oils with harsh soaps and oil with coconut oil which is antimicrobial. you will be very surprised. 

Edited by [Le...]

[ca...]
9 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

ps ringworm is not a worm either. it is a fungal infection anywhere on body. called jock itch in crotch or armpits. this fungus is all around you and if your body is struggling you are vulnerable to these things. 

just stop stripping skin of natural oils with harsh soaps and oil with coconut oil which is antimicrobial. you will be very surprised. 

Is this one ok? I thought fungus like ti live in dark warmth places. This oil is warmth...???

17172829592477219294502276822530.jpg

[Le...]
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

Is this one ok? I thought fungus like ti live in dark warmth places. This oil is warmth...???

17172829592477219294502276822530.jpg

perfect actually. virgin is what you want.  let melt in hand at end of shower and coat with it. rinse excess off and towel dry. update me in 3 days. 

feels weird to be oily at first but doesnt last long. can do some without shower too. cant hurt you. 

Edited by [Le...]

[ca...]
1 minute ago, [[L...] said:

perfect actually. virgin is what you want.  let melt in hand at end of shower and coat with it. rinse excess off and towel dry. update me in 3 days. 

Ok, will do

[ca...]
10 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

feels weird to be oily at first but doesnt last long. can do some without shower too. cant hurt you. 

Can I apply to my face as well?

[ca...]
1 hour ago, [[o...] said:

Oh crap, you're right!!  I had that once but seems like it had a white'ish circle around it??  I was told to put clear nail polish on it to smother it, and it worked!!  I'll do a google and see what it looks like for sure.  I'm lucky I don't have all sorts of issues but I eat healthy, especially foods that help the immune system. 

Anyway, thank you for the reminder, I'll go look it up ;) oregonlady

PS I found it and yes, it looks identical to at least one of the ringwork pics.  I put clear nail polish on it and we'll see it starts to go away.  I'll come back and let you know.  It didn't burn at all, but I was gonna care if it did.  It's disgusting, and I'm so glad you reminded me of the other time I had it. 

Be careful with nail polish.  I think it has alcohol and may make it burn. 

[Le...]

lots people use it for dry skin cause there are no additives. including me in the winter. despite belief that it causes greater tanning or burning or whatever it is actually slightly protecting against that. spf 5 or something. 

[Le...]

use anywhere. safe moisturizer without irritating additives. antimicrobial if needed. good for dry mouth. 

sounds like i am describing a miracle cure for everything. it isnt that. just and safe effective moisturizer that you can eat if you want. too much may raise cholesterol i guess :)  

[ca...]
22 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

use anywhere. safe moisturizer without irritating additives. antimicrobial if needed. good for dry mouth. 

sounds like i am describing a miracle cure for everything. it isnt that. just and safe effective moisturizer that you can eat if you want. too much may raise cholesterol i guess :)  

Thanks Bud🤙

[My...]

I feel your pain! I've had extremely bad skin issues since February. It's my own fault, really, as I originally tried to stop my clonazepam cold turkey. Long story, and I am now on just my evening dose, and plan a very long taper off of my nightly dose. 

Mine manifested as arms and chest that constantly look sunburned. Also folliculits on arms, back and legs. Contact dermatitis, and skin that very easily indents. Oh, and VERY itchy!

Don't do what I did and then get hooked on zyrtec, which I am currently tapering off of. 

What has helped, but not taken it completely away:  Hibiclens foam that I rub all over my skin, leave on for a few mintues, then hop in the shower and wash off. Then using coloidal oatmeal lotion. Also, hydrocortisone cream as needed. Thinking about keeping a food journal to see if any certain foods make it worse. 

I wish you well on this healy journey!

@[My...], hi and welcome to BenzoBuddies!) So good you've joined us.

Thank you for the input. Sounds really useful. I just tried to google Hibiclens foam but failed. Could you tell some other name of it? 

Feel free post and start threads of your own throughout the forums from now on and Good Luck to you!