Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I Quit Seven Weeks Ago

[Tw...]

I quit using Xanax and Klonopin seven weeks ago. The withdrawals were brutal and pure hell. I have a mountain of compassion for anyone taking or quitting benzodiazepines. That was by far the worst experience of my entire life. 

I actually finally feel better after quitting benzos seven weeks ago. From all the things I read, this is a fast recovery from benzos, and I am blessed. The only thing bothering me now is that I am afraid to drive and afraid to work a job because I have fears that my brain still won't function properly, after all that I have experienced lately with the withdrawals . 

What is your experience? Do you have any advice on how to overcome the hurdles and fears of not being able to drive or work a job ?

• Love 1

[Tw...]
On 04/05/2024 at 09:18, [[T...] said:

I quit using Xanax and Klonopin seven weeks ago. The withdrawals were brutal and pure hell. I have a mountain of compassion for anyone taking or quitting benzodiazepines. That was by far the worst experience of my entire life. 

I actually finally feel better after quitting benzos seven weeks ago. From all the things I read, this is a fast recovery from benzos, and I am blessed. The only thing bothering me now is that I am afraid to drive and afraid to work a job because I have fears that my brain still won't function properly, after all that I have experienced lately with the withdrawals . 

What is your experience? Do you have any advice on how to overcome the hurdles and fears of not being able to drive or work a job ?

Yes the withdrawals are pure hell. For me, I almost died while experiencing delirium tremens. 

[Ka...]
Posted (edited)

@[Tw...] we have new members joining & others who are naturally fearful. 

please can you edit your post title/thread to make it clear you had a forced in-patient facility treatment which led to your predicament. Other threads make this known. It was a dangerous situation for you & there needs to be reassurance to the community that they ought not suffer a similar risk or fate undergoing their own withdrawal. Thank you. 

Edited by [Ka...]
Addition

[Tw...]
21 hours ago, [[K...] said:

@[Tw...] we have new members joining & others who are naturally fearful. 

please can you edit your post title/thread to make it clear you had a forced in-patient facility treatment which led to your predicament. Other threads make this known. It was a dangerous situation for you & there needs to be reassurance to the community that they ought not suffer a similar risk or fate undergoing their own withdrawal. Thank you. 

@[Ka...]You are right. I would like to reassure everyone that you probably won't experience the withdrawal symptoms that I did because I was on extremely high doses of Xanax and Klonopin, I was forced to quit cold turkey, and I was using benzodiazepines for over 20 years.