Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

2 weeks CT

[GS...]
17 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

I'd stop drinking for a while. What your feeling could be that. Drinking gave me those symptoms. The cold feeling etc.

Yeah, conscience of that. I’ve limited it to big occasions and seem to still be moving forward. I used to drink 2/3 times a week average but drank 4 times the last 3 months. I’m away on holiday in a couple months, intend to go till then.   

[or...]

Hi @[GS...], so glad you found BB, I found out very late in life, about the benzo I took for years, but thanks to BB I've been givin plenty of tools/info to get through the wd sxs I have.

I can't relate to a CT except the very short time I tried it in or around 2010.  I'm older, 71 now, but I think my lifestyle of good nutrition and exercise have helped me a ton.  Those 2 things are my first recommendation only second after a slow and steady taper. 

Some folks don't have that choice if their 'scripts are pulled for any reason, and my heart goes out to them.  Benzos shouldn't be taken lightly, at least I found that out finally as I took mine like it was a one-a-day vitamin, totally ignorant of what benzo actually can do to us.

This is a good article (see link below), very lengthy, but I can't recommend it enough. It was written by a person named Parker from this forum ;). I return to it often to be reminded of what is happening in my brain, and whole body when I am withdrawing from this stuff. 

Maybe you can do like I do and read a little at time as my mind wanders off and I get brain-overload, oregonlady ~ Denise

What is happening in your brain?? :idiot:

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 2

[GS...]
6 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

Hi @[GS...], so glad you found BB, I found out very late in life, about the benzo I took for years, but thanks to BB I've been givin plenty of tools/info to get through the wd sxs I have.

I can't relate to a CT except the very short time I tried it in or around 2010.  I'm older, 71 now, but I think my lifestyle of good nutrition and exercise have helped me a ton.  Those 2 things are my first recommendation only second after a slow and steady taper. 

Some folks don't have that choice if their 'scripts are pulled for any reason, and my heart goes out to them.  Benzos shouldn't be taken lightly, at least I found that out finally as I took mine like it was a one-a-day vitamin, totally ignorant of what benzo actually can do to us.

This is a good article (see link below), very lengthy, but I can't recommend it enough. It was written by a person named Parker from this forum ;). I return to it often to be reminded of what is happening in my brain, and whole body when I am withdrawing from this stuff. 

Maybe you can do like I do and read a little at time as my mind wanders off and I get brain-overload, oregonlady ~ Denise

What is happening in your brain?? :idiot:

I’ll have a read, thank you!

• Like 1

[or...]
2 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

I’ll have a read, thank you!

One thing I see for sure is every one of us is different, with our wd sxs, or lack thereof, but I hope you stick with us as it's been a lifeline for me.  It's good to know about the different sxs you might have eventually though so it doesn't surprise you if you get some weird ones.  Not trying to scare you, because I've read other's stories and they have done good on a CT.  You sound young and strong so that will be to your benefit I'm sure ;) OL ~ Denise

• Love 1

[GS...]
6 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

One thing I see for sure is every one of us is different, with our wd sxs, or lack thereof, but I hope you stick with us as it's been a lifeline for me.  It's good to know about the different sxs you might have eventually though so it doesn't surprise you if you get some weird ones.  Not trying to scare you, because I've read other's stories and they have done good on a CT.  You sound young and strong so that will be to your benefit I'm sure ;) OL ~ Denise

No, it’s part of the reason I still update. I’ve read so many experiences that are really daunting to read and can really be quite scary when you are in the early stages. So far, I’m fortunate in that it’s given me a real fright but managed to dodge some of the more extreme or longer lasting symptoms. In the grand scheme of things, I’ve been lucky it would be fair to say. 

I hope someone reads mine and can relate and maybe take some comfort in. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Small update. Continue to make progress, pins and needles have all but gone, been feeling pretty good generally, I think the one symptom that persists but is improving is my ability to deal with stress, I do get a rush that can be challenging to manage. 

still taking magnesium glycinate and cbd oil, generally sleeping quite well. Have momentary wobbles but pleased to feel like I’m through the worst of it. I’ve been drinking socially but greatly reduced on this time last year, the hangovers can be a little challenging but manageable. Enjoyed feeling fresh and as such, desire to have a beer is greatly reduced. I’m not sure that will change, found myself way more productive without regular alcohol intake. 

Long story short, come a long way since the start of my issues.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Good day all, 

returned from a 10 day break where I noticed that some of the smaller symptoms that persist didn’t seem to bother me as much in a more relaxed environment. I drank wine and beers when away, taking each day as it came and noticed no deterioration in symptoms, thankfully. 

I think the primary driver for small flare ups for me is stress. I’m pleased to say that broadly I continue to make progress, going about my life as I normally would, more or less but with the caveat that when under pressure or in scenarios where there is conflict, still find that challenging, in a way that I wouldn’t have before. I can feel the rush in onset of it, it’s not debilitating but definitely a challenge. 

feeling more upbeat, logical, brain fog has lifted and some of the problems I had articulating myself when taking benzos has lifted bar the impairment referred to above when under pressure or stressed. 

main symptoms left are the chemical rush when under stress, small remnants of feeling cold and from time to time feeling a bit deflated. All of which I can attribute to recovery given they are new to me post CT.

continue to feel fortunate and now that I’m back from holiday, focus on clean living and positive activities. It’s scary it’s taken this long even though I feel I’ve made good progress, for those out there suffering with more challenging symptoms I have deepest sympathies.

• Like 1

What a great update @[GS...], it appears your holiday was a positive experience.  I've heard this from other members, its almost like the distractions can keep the symptoms at bay.  I'm pleased you were able to consume wine and beer without unfortunate effects, life may be returning, I'm glad. 

• Love 1

On 05/05/2024 at 19:09, [[G...] said:

To be honest, I didn’t track it. But probably 2/3 times a week at times on average, sometimes less then less frequently more but when I decided to stop. I was on a run of 2 weeks which wasn’t common for me. Usually always 20mg.  Even today, I feel like I’ve made a tiny bit progress. I’ve gone down the rabbit hole reading about it, won’t be touching them again that’s for sure. 

I’ve taken them on and off for a few years with no issues, but the last 12+ months I’ve been using them more regularly, at points too much. Now paying the price for that I think. 

Hey @[GS...] i have a really similar story to yours - on and off user for a number of years but super low doses just a few times per month. then in the last 12 months used it more due to a cancer treatment to calm my anxiety - the last two week stint of daily use is what sent me into WD. I would suggest like the others have said not drinking, eating well, resting up as much as you can and giving your body time to heal. 

Thanks for sharing your updates its so good to read stories where everything is shorter and milder as sometimes the more severe cases make us over worry as a short time low dose user.

Edited by [Ab...]
  • Love 1

On 18/09/2024 at 00:12, [[A...] said:

Hey @[GS...] i have a really similar story to yours - on and off user for a number of years but super low doses just a few times per month. then in the last 12 months used it more due to a cancer treatment to calm my anxiety - the last two week stint of daily use is what sent me into WD. I would suggest like the others have said not drinking, eating well, resting up as much as you can and giving your body time to heal. 

Thanks for sharing your updates its so good to read stories where everything is shorter and milder as sometimes the more severe cases make us over worry as a short time low dose user.

Sorry to hear about the treatment and hope you are on the road to recovery. 

• Love 1