Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Emotional Cycling.

[jo...]

Does anyone here experience this. I'm not talking about moods changing from day to day or gradually throughout the day. I mean episodes when it seems to change every few seconds from anxiety to depression to feeling good to not comfort to agitation etc. Its really weird and unsettling. I have read of peoples mood changing drastically from day to day but not much about this.

Thanks.

[...]

I've noticed this happens to my son lately, he'll be calm one moment to be furious the next, then crying and crying. It really is from one moment to the next, seemingly without any triggers. The only positive I see is that the calm moments are lasting longer than they did a couple of months ago.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
[En...]
On 03/05/2024 at 14:12, [[j...] said:

Does anyone here experience this. I'm not talking about moods changing from day to day or gradually throughout the day. I mean episodes when it seems to change every few seconds from anxiety to depression to feeling good to not comfort to agitation etc. Its really weird and unsettling. I have read of peoples mood changing drastically from day to day but not much about this.

Thanks.

I have a nervous mood in the mornings then it lightens up as the day goes on. I can be on the verge of panic attacks one minute to feeling ok the next. I look at it as my brain is healing and I have to go through this. The only way out is through. Anxiety and depression are the worst symptoms for me. I can take the physical ones much better. 

• Like 2

[jo...]
23 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

I have a nervous mood in the mornings then it lightens up as the day goes on. I can be on the verge of panic attacks one minute to feeling ok the next. I look at it as my brain is healing and I have to go through this. The only way out is through. Anxiety and depression are the worst symptoms for me. I can take the physical ones much better. 

Yeah same, the mental stuff and the sleep issues are worse for me. I sometimes think that I wish I could trade my mental symptoms for physical ones but maybe you should be careful what you wish for. There's some people with horrific physical symptoms on here, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

It seems that often people get one or the other worse, my physical synptoms arent to bad. I also read quite a lot that the physical symptoms last longer than the mental, and are often the last to go. Like I say my physical symptoms aren't that bad but they are the most regular. Maybe there's something to that.

• Like 1

[da...]
On 03/05/2024 at 21:12, [[j...] said:

Thanks.

Been feeling like this all day. Got worse after i got home. Its crazy. Almost  like Bipolar

[jo...]
4 minutes ago, [[d...] said:

Been feeling like this all day. Got worse after i got home. Its crazy. Almost  like Bipolar

Yeah thats how I look at it too, kind of manic. It's horrible like every other symptom but it eases up.

[da...]

I hope it goes. Im worried my partner might think im bipolar. Hiding this is quite tricking 

[Cr...]

You may cry at stuff that isn't sad or at the something as simple as dropping a fork. You may laugh at stuff that isn't funny or just out of nervousness to try and make your situation feel less dire. You may feel like you are going to make it through this one minute and then the next minute you feel there is no hope for you, then in another minute back to hopeful again.

That is the mental nature of this beast. Its like the emotional center in our brain is a jumbled mess and while the brain is untangling itself certain emotions will trigger with extreme intensity and come and go as if they were being activated by a light switch.

• Like 1

[Ja...]

Jonwill,.I know how you feel bud,.literally just put a post up about how it’s getting mentally overwhelming,.like you’ve explained in your post.

It is weird as hell and uncomfortable,.yet I’m sat the now quite fine,.but today was unreal bud.any more of this carry on and it will an inpatient job lol

[jo...]

Yeah I'm all over the place some days. I even had a few spells of euphoria where I felt too good if that makes sense. It got to the point where it was uncomfortable. Just weird shit. Can't wait to be done with it all!

[da...]
18 hours ago, [[C...] said:

You may cry at stuff that isn't sad or at the something as simple as dropping a fork. You may laugh at stuff that isn't funny or just out of nervousness to try and make your situation feel less dire. You may feel like you are going to make it through this one minute and then the next minute you feel there is no hope for you, then in another minute back to hopeful again.

That is the mental nature of this beast. Its like the emotional center in our brain is a jumbled mess and while the brain is untangling itself certain emotions will trigger with extreme intensity and come and go as if they were being activated by a light switch.

So true . Its exhausting man. 😔

[Rh...]

Yep!  I can go from happy to crying in an instant and then from calm to freaking out too.  My mood is all over the place most days and its hard to know what is a real feeling versus what is the chemical induced feelings/emotions.

• Like 1

[Cr...]
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

Yep!  I can go from happy to crying in an instant and then from calm to freaking out too.  My mood is all over the place most days and its hard to know what is a real feeling versus what is the chemical induced feelings/emotions.

Katy Perry's 'Hot n Cold' may secretly be about benzo withdrawal. Sorry, your post reminded me of that for some reason!

you don't really want to stay, no
(You) but you don't really want to go
You're hot then you're cold
You're yes then you're no
You're in then you're out
You're up then you're down

Edited by [Cr...]
  • Haha 3

[Rh...]
3 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Katy Perry's 'Hot n Cold' may secretly be about benzo withdrawal. Sorry, your post reminded me of that for some reason!

you don't really want to stay, no
(You) but you don't really want to go
You're hot then you're cold
You're yes then you're no
You're in then you're out
You're up then you're down

OMG!  Lol!!!  😅😂🤣🤪