Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Long term muscle weakness / weighing 10000 pounds

[Ma...]

My muscle weakness and stiffness is so bad that I have now spine issues and a severe forward head posture with a hump on my back that is like Quasimodo . Also severe annterior pelvic tilt but I can’t really exercise on it cause the weakness is never ending and is a neurological weakness , not a muscle weakness persay. I can still lift my child and carry something heavy if nessecary,

My head is not on my spine anymore . It’s sort of hanging forward and I lost 3 cm of height due to this withdrawal/ damage. 
people thing this can recover ever ?

[Le...]

yea. dont think i was quite that bad but i experienced some similar things. start working on it. expect the tension to start going down the back as you sort the top out. 

[kn...]

Nerve pain and muscle weakness have left my legs in a state of disability for the last year and a half.  I was fine until I wasn't.  I woke up one morning, stood up, and there it was.  It's never left.  Add on meds have been useless and made things worse.  I discarded them every time. Yes, my neck is staring to do the same.  I now walk with a cane, have a handicapped parking permit and need wheelchair assistance at the airport.  Two weeks ago, I experienced a two day window where it all just went away as suddenly as it appeared.  It returned, of course, but it gave me hope.  If it can cease at once, I'm hopeful that down the line it will be gone for good.  Your situation, I'm confident, will get better.  But, god, it's horrible in the meantime.  

• Love 2

[aa...]
On 03/05/2024 at 20:56, [[M...] said:

My muscle weakness and stiffness is so bad that I have now spine issues and a severe forward head posture with a hump on my back that is like Quasimodo . Also severe annterior pelvic tilt but I can’t really exercise on it cause the weakness is never ending and is a neurological weakness , not a muscle weakness persay. I can still lift my child and carry something heavy if nessecary,

My head is not on my spine anymore . It’s sort of hanging forward and I lost 3 cm of height due to this withdrawal/ damage. 
people thing this can recover ever ?

Hi mascha,

I am having this muscles issues too. Lately my left side weekness and numbness is increased. Feels lik I had a stroke

Is there a possibility that old mri 2 years back missed my stroke.  I am getting worse since 3 months specially weekness numbness left side. I see not much having these symptoms lik us. I dono what to do. Scared to meet doctors nor can I take stroke medications. Stuck in my body 😢 😭