Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

When has enough time passed to try something?

[Rh...]

Hi all, I’m coming into my 10th month off and I’m in severe pain from head issues migraines and severe eye pain.  I have a lot of head/brain issues and I know it’s WD as it started after I came off.

When I did come off I told myself I would never touch another drug again, but after almost 10 months of daily headaches/migraines I don’t feel like I can continue to Iive this way.

I obviously don’t want to add anything but am wondering if a year, 18 months etc is a good point to wait to try things???  I keep pushing month by month in hopes of things getting better but the head stuff is becoming worse.

[PE...]

I don't know if I it was you I told, coffee made my migraine vanish. So it did for others, like @[...] friend.

:)

• Like 1

[PE...]

Having a migraine 24/7 really makes life miserable I know. It feels like the brain is swollen right? So the eyes not fit and therefore hurts..

• Like 1

[PE...]

Also there is migraine medication, off the counter, containing some caffeine. Have you tried those?

• Like 1

[Rh...]
11 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Having a migraine 24/7 really makes life miserable I know. It feels like the brain is swollen right? So the eyes not fit and therefore hurts..

Yes!  I get like zaps behind them and they feel swollen.

4 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Also there is migraine medication, off the counter, containing some caffeine. Have you tried those?

I actually have been drinking a bit of coffee in the morning (as you mentioned in one of my other posts) and it helps s bit, but I know it’s also not great for my healing CNS…and I am able to take Tylenol and Advil which help, but I’m scared of medication overdue (or rebound) headaches.

Did you have migraines/headaches too? Are you off, tapering, how long?  Did the migraines/headaches slowly heal with time?

Sorry I don’t know how to look up individuals stories!  🤪

• Like 1

[PE...]

Yes I did have that the whole last year it was dreadful.

I'm drinking three cups every morning and my healing is straight forward. Even fast compared to others. I'm 7 months off and only have minor anxiety in the morning. 

I even read that caffeine is good for the brain. But so many theories out there of everything so don't take my word for it. All I know is that I have a high intake of caffeine and I heal.

• Like 2

[PE...]
Posted (edited)

If you don't get anxiety from coffee i would try to drink more and see if your migraine vanish like my did :)

I mean everything is better then throwing in a AD or SSRI right?

Edited by [PE...]

[Rh...]
36 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

If you don't get anxiety from coffee i would try to drink more and see if your migraine vanish like my did :)

I mean everything is better then throwing in a AD or SSRI right?

Yes!!! So true!  I’ve seen a neuro (and I’m due to see a new one soon) and their answer is more drugs they affect our CNS or GABA or serotonin/dopamine/etc…

Unfortunately it seems all the migraine meds (excluding the new CGRP meds which I tried and was distasteful) are all older psych meds.  Even the triptans affect serotonin.

Im happy you’re healing faster than most! That’s great and as we speak I’m drinking a cup o’ Joe!  Lol  🤞🤞🤞

[PE...]
Just now, [[R...] said:

Yes!!! So true!  I’ve seen a neuro (and I’m due to see a new one soon) and their answer is more drugs they affect our CNS or GABA or serotonin/dopamine/etc…

Unfortunately it seems all the migraine meds (excluding the new CGRP meds which I tried and was distasteful) are all older psych meds.  Even the triptans affect serotonin.

Im happy you’re healing faster than most! That’s great and as we speak I’m drinking a cup o’ Joe!  Lol  🤞🤞🤞

Hehe.. enjoy!! 

I'm from sweden and over here we have great over the counter medicines for migraine.

I don't think you should be afraid of caffeine in this time, 10 months out is great! Good job :)

• Like 1

[re...]

I agree with Peppe about the coffee. I drink it first thing in the morning and tinnitus and head pressure just VANISHES. It is so odd. 

But the ONE thing more important is really really check your water intake. Dehydration can cause MAJOR headache issues in someone prone to them and definitely benzo withdrawal. I have been having headaches now that I am super low (.70mg v) and hydration seems to help alot. Make sure you are getting salt on your food throughout the day as well. You don't want to pee out all your minerals. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[re...]

These pills are so insidious. So sorry you are getting these head issues. They are becoming my main thing as well. 

• Sad 1

[Rh...]
36 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

These pills are so insidious. So sorry you are getting these head issues. They are becoming my main thing as well. 

They are my key debilitating symptom and I have many…but we will get through this and heal!  🦋♥️

• Like 1

[Md...]

My Mom suffers from migraines in general. Not sure why, but caffeine helps. 

• Like 2

[PE...]
19 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

My Mom suffers from migraines in general. Not sure why, but caffeine helps. 

Then we have two moms :)