Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Has anyone had waves triggered by lack of sleep? Need help.

[Jo...]
Posted (edited)

Long story short I took a crap ton of Xanax for 2 months. Almost 4 years later I would say I am 90% healed but I still am having waves once in a while. I definitely have PAWS and I know it’s from binge drinking and causal drinking when I cut cold turkey after stopping Xanax. I finally quit drinking a year ago. I know I probably would have healed faster if I quit alcohol. 

A lot of my major symptoms have faded but the one thing that has never stopped is my twitching calves which tells me I’m not 100% healed yet. I also get weird twitches in other parts of the body but that happens ever so often. 

Last two weeks I’ve been under most stress of my life with college and work. Last Thursday I had to get up at 4:30am for work and ended up not sleeping that night. Friday I napped for 3 hours and that was it. The last 4 days have been absolute hell. I have had symptoms of withdrawal comeback that I haven’t experienced since I cut cold turkey that first couple of weeks. After the all nighter I had extreme fear/panic, full body twitches, muscle tension, I’ll close my eyes to sleep and see flashes of light/flickering, sensitive to light during the day, and that panic/anxiety is with me all day and that panic feels like I’m free falling on a plane or rollercoaster. It doesn’t go away and has caused me to not be able to sleep last 4 days. Averaging 4-5 hours a night. 

Is it possible that not sleeping triggered something that flared up all of these initial symptoms? I feel like I’m dying and I’m about to quit my job it’s ruining my life. I haven’t felt like this in years and I can’t take it anymore. The insomnia and panic are driving me nuts. I would never commit suicide but if an asteroid would hit my town i wouldn’t mind. 

Edited by [Jo...]