Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I feel this soon end in tragedy 16 months .ng

[ma...]

I feel so terrible sick both physically and mentally .I feel i can collapse any time . Intense dread and despair .My stomack has been  in severe pain all week . Crying when i wake up . I dont know what to do . I even can't give my cat attention because i feel so crazy . I feel so desperat . Not a minute relieve .Sorry for complaining again . I hesitate to post this . I think i have lost

[...]

Sorry you are suffering margiflower. Please hold on. Try distraction. Play with your kitty for a few minutes. Listen to some music. Or just deep breathe. I don't know yet what all this feels like but please do a small little thing that you like. Hugs

• Like 1

[Kr...]

Im trying to accept my craziness and just live like this. This is a new version of me and I will have 100 more versions with the years. Hold yourself and give yourself love, because you deserve it

• Like 1

[Ma...]
Posted (edited)

@[ma...] When is the last time you saw your doctor? Maybe you should and have bloodwork done, hormones checked.

In the past you might not have been able to take medication but perhaps something can help you. Have you had a Gene Test? Maybe you can try a micro dose of an antidepressant that works with your particular system. I truly believe it might be worth a try.

Please Google LDN-and search here. It’s not a psychiatric medication but produces endorphins, helps pain, promotes a feeling of wellbeing and gives you energy amongst other things.

Also ‘Smidge’ a probiotic Jen Swantowski (jenswanphd on YouTube) told me about. Perhaps a probiotic will help your stomach.

Do you have a therapist? It doesn’t matter if they understand w/d at this point. Having someone to support you, who is trained, can be invaluable. I know it is for me. Go to Psychology Today and search by your insurance.

In the meantime, open a window and get some fresh air, put some cold water on your face, know you are not alone and have a tremendous amount of support here. A lot of us really care about you 💕!!

Edited by [Ma...]
  • Like 1

[...]
2 hours ago, [[m...] said:

I feel so terrible sick both physically and mentally .I feel i can collapse any time . Intense dread and despair .My stomack has been  in severe pain all week . Crying when i wake up . I dont know what to do . I even can't give my cat attention because i feel so crazy . I feel so desperat . Not a minute relieve .Sorry for complaining again . I hesitate to post this . I think i have lost

Margiflower, i'm glad you posted your desperation. We're here to help each other to go through the hell. 

No, you haven't lost, just having some tough time as lots of people here and right now it's hard for you to believe in a happy end. But, guess, believe it or not, we're healing. Luckily it even doesn't depend much on our attitude towards the process. By and by, step by step, things must be changing and to the better!) 

Send you my support and hugs!)🌺

• Like 1

[ma...]

If i need antibiotic , what kind is safest to take ? 🙏

Thank you again both of you .

[...]
39 minutes ago, [[m...] said:

I talked to my doctor today . I will take some bloodwork soon .I also have an abcess over my tooth . I started to wonder if that can make me worse  . Mary and Kate .

I think, Margiflower, it's a good idea to have your blood checked, just in case. Whatever withdrawal, we can get ill as any human being. Yes, a tooth abscess must make things worse and vice versa. Being in withdrawal makes any health issues feel much more unbearable. It'd be good if your abscess is dealt with.

Not sure about antibiotic. Just know we must be careful about it. Have you tried to look through Health Matters forum? 

• Like 1

[Br...]
24 minutes ago, [[m...] said:

If i need antibiotic , what kind is safest to take ? 🙏

Thank you again both of you .

I'm so sorry you're suffering like this.  I think a medical stressor like an abscess can certainly make our symptoms more intense.

As for antibiotics, the ones to avoid if possible during withdrawal are Fluoroquinolones. This includes ciprofloxacin (Cipro), gemifloxacin (Factive), levofloxacin (Levaquin), moxifloxacin (Avelox) and ofloxacin (Floxin) and delafloxacin (Baxdela).  

Some individuals have trouble with other types of antibiotics but it's the fluoroquinolones that seem to cause the most trouble for people.

• Like 2

[Ma...]

I would suggest starting with a salt rinse every hour before starting an antibiotic, unless it’s really severe. Also ice packs on the face around the infected area. You’ve gone this long, so perhaps it’s worth a try before committing to an antibiotic.

When I had dental surgery I contacted the Benzo Alliance for Best Practices to advise on a sedative. Perhaps they could advise you on an appropriate treatment.

And as others have said, this is an additional stressor and probably painful, which will add unneeded stress to an already stressed out nervous system.

Please keep us updated dear Margi 💕

• Like 3

[ma...]

❤️@[ma...]🌺💐🌸to you . Dear friends

[Ma...]

Also, Noviacaine has epinephrine which a lot of us with benzo injuries respond to quite negatively. Please as for something else (I believe lidocaine?).

[Ma...]

When you go to your doctor request a stool test. If your tooth is infected perhaps that is somehow contributing.

As I mentioned above, a probiotic may also be helpful. You can buy Kefir at most grocery-it’s a probiotic and natural antibiotic. And is delicious!

[ma...]

An infection in the mouth might give both mental and other symptoms . Maybe , i am not sure . I come to think of it when i had so unbelievable intense symptoms . 

[Sw...]

@[ma...] I was doing really well then all of a sudden had TERRIBLE pain in my mouth and temple/jaw, cavity symptoms, and was just mentally incapable of dealing with the issue because the stress it put on me made me so negative and felt like I was having a huge backslide. 

WELL it was a decayed tooth that needed a root canal. Luckily I only had to suffer a week and got to the Endodontics office right away. They used lidocaine on me. I feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better. Any kind of infection increases stress for us and will play tricks on your mind as our brains have such a low tolerance for handling stress right now.

Try to remind yourself that you have other illness overlapping the benzo withdrawal and when you address the other issues your withdrawal will feel less intense. This isn’t a forever place for you. 

I was in tolerance withdrawal unknowingly for 2 years and had thought about ending life every day. It was so bad. I didn’t know it was the drugs and I did get better and don’t feel that way anymore! I am a productive wife, mother, church member, friend, and stranger in some cases lending an ear. 

On my hard days now I remind myself there is always a better place I’m going to end up at even if it means it takes me time. It’s worth it. And when I look back I remember the good and not the bad. I’m so sorry you’re suffering.

who is your support system?

• Like 1

[ma...]

Thank you 🙏i dont have a support system any longer . Only my doctor . 
Much alone and i can not drive now . So i i might be worse of that too . But i have been so sick so i dont have energy for so much . Have some few to talk to . But none of them understand or care how i am . So on bad days i stay alone .  I try to read to get my driving license back . That had been a major relief . I have lost hope about it now .But this last week i am i survive modus only . Have never been so sick . Thank you for your answer ❤️