Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

2.5 year setback

I was off for 2.5 year, 3 months ago I started intense exercises, then my system mixed up. I tried to calm it down with probiotic but my hital hernia start to act and give more anxiety and I had start my ssri (lexapro) which I took 3 years ago yo help with withdrawal (CT).Now after 2 months of starting lexapro my physical symptoms are mostly OK except insomnia and strong intrusive taughts.

Any body can relate? Or how long takes that these taughts go away. I had same scenario in w/d for couple of months and then disappeared. Now after 2 years back again because of anxiety which ssri gives as side effects.

Encouragements are appreciated 

Edited by [...]
Typo

[jo...]

Hi, I threw myself into a wave by excercising. It took a couple of days for me to return to how I felt before. I would start doing things slowly and work your way up thats what I keep reading. I also have intrusive thoughts etc But I am only 3 months in so it's to be expected I suppose. I'm sure they will pass like all symptoms will just try not to do to much to fast! I also have a bad wave at the moment which I suspect is due to alcohol. We have to be so careful. Just a quick question Reza. Did the Lexapro help with your withdrawl? I'm sure you'll feel beter soon just take it easy!

[Le...]

I think it is the strain of starting exercising that sometimes gets some of us. slow down but dont stop if you must then pick back up again. lots changes when you start exercising and in the long run its all great. 

27 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Hi, I threw myself into a wave by excercising. It took a couple of days for me to return to how I felt before. I would start doing things slowly and work your way up thats what I keep reading. I also have intrusive thoughts etc But I am only 3 months in so it's to be expected I suppose. I'm sure they will pass like all symptoms will just try not to do to much to fast! I also have a bad wave at the moment which I suspect is due to alcohol. We have to be so careful. Just a quick question Reza. Did the Lexapro help with your withdrawl? I'm sure you'll feel beter soon just take it easy!

Hi....no easy but helped with some mental symptoms 

• Like 1