Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Panic Attacks Daily

[Tw...]

I agree that alcohol is not good for us, and I have read that drinking alcohol during benzodiazepine withdrawals can postpone the brain's healing and also the GABA healing in the brain that needs to take place so that we can feel normal again. 

[jo...]
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, [[T...] said:

I agree that alcohol is not good for us, and I have read that drinking alcohol during benzodiazepine withdrawals can postpone the brain's healing and also the GABA healing in the brain that needs to take place so that we can feel normal again. 

sorry posted in wrong thread:brickwall:

Edited by [jo...]

[da...]

Guys, honestly, my advice. Coming from somebody that was once completely healed for some years , stay off the alcohol it isnt worth the risk. It can definitely send yoh back into withdrawal with all the symptoms. 

[jo...]
8 minutes ago, [[d...] said:

Guys, honestly, my advice. Coming from somebody that was once completely healed for some years , stay off the alcohol it isnt worth the risk. It can definitely send yoh back into withdrawal with all the symptoms. 

Hi Dave, Do you think the problems you've had are alcohol withdrawl or a return of benzo symptoms?

[da...]

@[jo...]

well lets consider this fact, both benzos and alcohol affect the same receptors.  I healed from benzo withdrawal, but it is the alcohol that has made the benzo symptoms return, and much worse. 

as iv said in my other posts, i did heal, i came back here and shared my success story. We do return to normal and infact i could go as far as saying that we get much better than pre benzo withdrawal, In my experience . 

right now, it feels like im back in that benzo hell again. Very frightening. And this is certainly due to the alcohol. 

[jo...]
Just now, [[d...] said:

@[jo...]

well lets consider this fact, both benzos and alcohol affect the same receptors.  I healed from benzo withdrawal, but it is the alcohol that has made the benzo symptoms return, and much worse. 

as iv said in my other posts, i did heal, i came back here and shared my success story. We do return to normal and infact i could go as far as saying that we get much better than pre benzo withdrawal, In my experience . 

right now, it feels like im back in that benzo hell again. Very frightening. And this is certainly due to the alcohol. 

Hi Dave, I've read a few people saying too much alcohol as given them a wave after they've recovered and they all say it passes and they take it as a warning. I'm sure you'll be fine you just need to grit it out. you've done this before remember!. Thanks

[da...]
2 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Hi Dave, I've read a few people saying too much alcohol as given them a wave after they've recovered and they all say it passes and they take it as a warning. I'm sure you'll be fine you just need to grit it out. you've done this before remember!. Thanks

I see , interesting, i havent came across such people but thanks for the info. I have been feeling like this for 27 days now, if it is a wave its been long but hopefully itll be over soon.  However iv already prepared my mind to be in this for months. Hopefully that wont be the case.  Thanks for the support guys 🙏🏽

• Like 1

[Le...]

the sooner you accept it will pass the calmer you will be about it and sooner it likely pass. 

• Like 1

[jo...]
Just now, [[d...] said:

I see , interesting, i havent came across such people but thanks for the info. I have been feeling like this for 27 days now, if it is a wave its been long but hopefully itll be over soon.  However iv already prepared my mind to be in this for months. Hopefully that wont be the case.  Thanks for the support guys 🙏🏽

I had an alcohol withdrawl once and it is very similar to benzo withdrawl. I dont know if it's that with you by any means but they are similar symptom wise in acute.