Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Multiple tapers, trying to plan

[Bu...]

Hello,

in very late 2018 I stopped 3 months of PRN Ativan use CT. This was bad. I then was prescribed Valium at 5 mg and did a symptom free taper to 0.25 mg. Like a fool I stayed on the 0.25mg for over two years due to the fear and trauma around the CT. In 2021 (December) I went back into acute after a medical issue and was updosed to 15mg of Valium. 

I did another symptom free taper from 15mg to 1.5 mg from April 2022-Nov 2023. I take my Valium in compounded liquid (1mg/1ml) and had run out so used 5 year old pills for a week. This threw me into acute again. I was hospitalized and updosed to 4mg and they added gabapentin (400mg ) as well. 

I have made three tapers since March 1 2024. I am very destabilized but am determined to get off Valium. I am now at 3.7mg. I need help planning this taper to be able to actually get off this time. I am wondering if a DLMT would be best? I find when I get a new bottle of liquid it’s very strong and this throws me off as well. I am very scared. Any help would be great. TIA