Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anyone else feel better late at night?

[En...]
On 25/04/2024 at 00:50, [[N...] said:

I often feel like my symptoms are barely there as I’m heading to bed and then the nightmare returns in the morning and through the day.  Most prominent daytime symptoms are chest anxiety / heaviness, trembling and mental spaciness / dizziness / instability.  Has anyone found ways to combat these things during the day?  Alternative therapies, coping skills?

Yes I get all my symptoms worse in the morning hours. I cope by telling myself this will pass later today. I do deep breathing exercises. I will go on here to distract. I will go outside for walk if I can or just go outside. I will do housework. Maybe do a puzzle. Distraction is all you can do. It will pass and that comforts me.

• Like 1

[Cr...]
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

3 hours ago, [[E...] said:

Yes I get all my symptoms worse in the morning hours. I cope by telling myself this will pass later today. I do deep breathing exercises. I will go on here to distract. I will go outside for walk if I can or just go outside. I will do housework. Maybe do a puzzle. Distraction is all you can do. It will pass and that comforts me.

Excellent coping skills.

I remember the mornings were the worst 6am to 9am, got tolerable, then bad again from 1pm to 4pm, then tolerable.. and from 7pm onwards I wasn't symptom-free but in the safe zone until next morning.

Edited by [Cr...]
  • Like 2

[jo...]
12 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Excellent coping skills.

I remember the mornings were the worst 6am to 9am, got tolerable, then bad again from 1pm to 4pm, then tolerable.. and from 7pm onwards I wasn't symptom-fewe but in the safe zone until next morning.

I can relate to this for sure. This seems to be a fairly common pattern but I'm not sure why. Somthing to do with cortisol and adrenaline levels maybe.