Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tapering low doses of Clonazepam

[Ma...]

I’m at 0.3 mg of Clonazepam right now, down from 1.0 and if all goes well (big knock on wood) I’ll be down to .1-.15 in the next couple months. I need to start thinking about how to finish my taper when I get to those numbers. I use 0.5 mg tablets and can probably accurately measure the weight down to about .125.  Less than that, my scale gets a little dicey.  I tried doing a water titration earlier in my taper and really hated it so I’m not keen on doing that again.  Just curious from those who’ve tapered off of Clonazepam, how they did the low doses.  I’d like to get down to at least 0.05 before I jump off.  Thanks!

[Ru...]

I'm glad you posted. I came on to ask the same thing. I'm down to .25 mg and reducing an 1/8 mg every 14 days as long as I'm stable. So far so good, thankfully. I'm not weighing, just cutting. Right now my plan is to jump at .0625. However, I'd like to hear what others have experienced.

I hope that everything continues to go well for you. I look forward to the day we are free of this!:hug:

• Like 1

[Ma...]

That’s great @[Ru...], sounds like you’re really moving along well there.  I think since I can weigh down to .125 I’m just going to eyeball things and do my best.  I think .0625 is probably an ok jump dose for most people, so breaking .125 in half would work, especially since it sounds like taper is going pretty well.    

• Like 1

[Ru...]

@[Ma...] I hope others will respond to answer your question.

Are you doing well with your taper?

I know we were at the same dose at one point. I've cut a couple days early these last two cuts, only because I felt stable enough to do so. I'm sticking to 14 days going forward.

[Ma...]

I’m doing really well, thanks for asking.  I am going slow because I had some troubles early on but going from .5 to .3 gas actually been pretty good.  Some mild insomnia but nothing else bad.  

• Like 1

[je...]

I did liquid DMT at the end. If you can do compounding liquid that would probably be your best option when it comes to liquid. Here is a thread where I explained how I tapered the low doses. If you want to stick to dry tapering then this method by Bob7 might be an option. I know he did 0.001mg per day reductions from 0.125mg till the end. If you read my post you'll see I couldn't manage that and I did something different. I used his dry tapering method before I switched to liquid.