Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help 😢

[Br...]

I KNOW ITS A LOT, BUT I DONT KNOW WHERE TO TURN. Im looking for validation, and individuals who have experienced any of the same, so I know I'm not crazy and I'm on the right path.

Over the last few years I have noticed changes in my body and everyday life. So much so, I've seen every Dr. in the book, with every test known to man. 

It all comes back negative. Yet here I am, where everyday is a nightmare. 

Then I asked myself the question, is it the 10 years of xanax I've been prescribed? I've never abused it, but could it still be the source of it all?

So I went down the rabbit hole and I found this group. So here goes.

DAILY SYMPTOMS 

EXTREME FATIGUE 

EXTREME NECK PAIN

WHOLE BODY WEAKNESS/PAIN/ MUSCLE LOSS 

JOINT PAIN

LIGHTHEADED/DIZZY/ FEELING IM ABOUT FAINT MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY

TROUBLE BREATHING

SLOW OR RACING HEART

TROUBLE WALKING 

LIGHTS BOTHER ME

THE SUN MAKES ME UNCOMFORTABLE 

SMELL/SOUND SENSITIVITY

MEMORY LOSS

FACIAL FLUSHING 

INSOMNIA

"BRAIN SHAKES"

CONFUSION 

STUTTERING 

FORGETTING SIMPLE WORDS

AND FINALLY,..

AFTER I EAT, A LOT OF THESE SYMPTOMS INTENSIFY.

AND IVE NEVER HAD A SEIZURE BUT I FEEL LIKE IM ON THE VERGE OF ONE A FEW TIMES A DAY. ITS STARTS IN MY GUT AND RUNS UP TO THE TOP OF MY HEAD. THIS SQUEEZING SENSATION. THATS WHEN I KNOW ITS TIME TO TAKE MY PILL OR ELSE IM IN BIG TROUBLE. 

[Bu...]

Hello @[Br...],

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

First let me say I am so sorry for everything that you are dealing with.  Second, reading your post was reading a summary of my own life for the last 14 years.  I have had everything that you mentioned, down to the squeezing feeling from the gut to the head. (Although, sometimes it also goes from the head to the gut for me.)  I also have been to too many doctors to count and the best I was told was "some kind of auto-immune disease...maybe".  That didn't really fit either.  I now believe that it is from my 20 years of Clonazepam use.  I also never abused it and took it exactly as prescribed.  I now know how damaging these drugs can be with long term use.

You are not crazy and I am so glad you found us.  Please let us know how we can support you.

[al...]

Ya, it's probably the benzos. All those crazy symptoms may add up to benzos tolerance

[Te...]

I am also experiencing alot of those symptoms..I been trying to find help of a dr to ween off of .5 3x a day of xanax..I am so scared bc I cannot find a dr to help me...I cannot afford the psychiatrists that can help me...regular primary drs are not helpful and making my health anxiety worse! I share your concerns!