Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How common are protracted withdrawls really?

[jo...]

Hi everyone. I'm fairly new to this site and was wondering how common and likely a protracted withdrawl would be. I am in my third withdrawl altogether from valium (all fairly short term use) with the first two withdrawls being quite intense but quite short lived, about a month or so. This withdrawl has now lasted 3 months and symptoms are getting worse. I was taking valium sparadically over around a month and took 300mg in total. The thing is this came only a couple of months after my last withdrawl, stupid I know. Most of the stories on hear talk of many months or even years of recovery. I was just wondering if anyone had any understanding of how common this actually was? 

Many Thanks

[Ch...]
1 hour ago, [[j...] said:

Hi everyone. I'm fairly new to this site and was wondering how common and likely a protracted withdrawl would be. I am in my third withdrawl altogether from valium (all fairly short term use) with the first two withdrawls being quite intense but quite short lived, about a month or so. This withdrawl has now lasted 3 months and symptoms are getting worse. I was taking valium sparadically over around a month and took 300mg in total. The thing is this came only a couple of months after my last withdrawl, stupid I know. Most of the stories on hear talk of many months or even years of recovery. I was just wondering if anyone had any understanding of how common this actually was? 

Many Thanks

Estimates for "protracted withdrawal" are kind of all over the place. However, with repeated use and withdrawal, I think it's probably fair to say that chances would increase. Hopefully, this will be your last time?

[PE...]

Hi @[jo...]. My first withdrawal 7 years ago was only a month or so. This time its much longer. I think i hadn't made any damaged to the brain back then

[PE...]

Hi @[jo...]. My first withdrawal 7 years ago was only a month or so. This time its much longer. I think i hadn't made any damaged to the brain back then and just had a intense withdrawal 

[jo...]

Thanks Peppe, How long were you taking Benzos if you dont mind me asking?

[jo...]

1 hour ago, [[C...] said:

Estimates for "protracted withdrawal" are kind of all over the place. However, with repeated use and withdrawal, I think it's probably fair to say that chances would increase. Hopefully, this will be your last time?

[PE...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

This time for 6 years. The first time for a few months

[jo...]
1 hour ago, [[C...] said:

Thanks Chester1965, Trust me if I make it through this I won't ever touch them again.

• Like 1

[jo...]
1 minute ago, [[P...] said:

This time for 6 years. The first time for a few months

Thanks, How are you doing?

[PE...]
12 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Thanks, How are you doing?

Hi.

Compared to many other's I'm doing good :)

[jo...]
2 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Hi.

Compared to many other's I'm doing good :)

Glad to hear it(y)

• Like 1

[Mo...]

Seems it depends on the person! I did when I did a quick taper from clonazapam 1mg to .25mg under my doctor. 

After I quit worse hell I ever had for four weeks. I then took .125mg, felt drunk from it and then went to 5 mg of diazepam. Still struggled daily and had to go back on klonapin. But this time 2.mg. 

I am looking into sublingual flumenizil but the person on here with the information it will only let me send one message per day. 

currently on 90mg of diazepam A day, I get withdrawal about 1.5hrs before my dose which is every 4 hours  I feel better when I skip a dose  

[jo...]
9 hours ago, [[M...] said:

Seems it depends on the person! I did when I did a quick taper from clonazapam 1mg to .25mg under my doctor. 

After I quit worse hell I ever had for four weeks. I then took .125mg, felt drunk from it and then went to 5 mg of diazepam. Still struggled daily and had to go back on klonapin. But this time 2.mg. 

I am looking into sublingual flumenizil but the person on here with the information it will only let me send one message per day. 

currently on 90mg of diazepam A day, I get withdrawal about 1.5hrs before my dose which is every 4 hours  I feel better when I skip a dose  

Welcome, and good luck!

[Pa...]
14 hours ago, [[M...] said:

@[Mo...], this statement concerns me, it is a violation of our policy to use the messaging system for anything other than chit chat.  Any recommendations for medications must be addressed on the open platform for your safety where others can weigh in on the possible issues surrounding the use of these medications.  

• You may not use the PM (Personal Message) system for withdrawal or taper advice. PMs are primarily intended for moral support, fun, and distraction. Please post your taper plan or withdrawal questions and concerns to the Community forums for wider discussion and feedback. Please refer to Guidelines for Use of Direct Messaging System.

• Like 1

[Mo...]
6 hours ago, [[P...] said:

@[Mo...], this statement concerns me, it is a violation of our policy to use the messaging system for anything other than chit chat.  Any recommendations for medications must be addressed on the open platform for your safety where others can weigh in on the possible issues surrounding the use of these medications.  

• You may not use the PM (Personal Message) system for withdrawal or taper advice. PMs are primarily intended for moral support, fun, and distraction. Please post your taper plan or withdrawal questions and concerns to the Community forums for wider discussion and feedback. Please refer to Guidelines for Use of Direct Messaging System.

Ok. New here. Didn’t realize that!

Thank you for clearing it up 

• Like 1