Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Does exercise metabolize benzos faster?

[re...]

This is something I have been wondering for awhile now. Does moderate and even intense exercise lessen the effect of benzos and "detox" it out of you more efficiently. Are there any studies I wonder? 

[PE...]

To different extent it metabolise in the liver. And I don't think exercise change that in anyway @[re...].

Do you exercise?

[re...]

Yes I exercise like crazy and wondering if my metabolism is stronger because of it. I feel better when I exercise so I am wondering at this super small amount (.84 valium) of benzo is it starting to detox out of me more efficiently due to the exercise. 

[PE...]
22 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

Yes I exercise like crazy and wondering if my metabolism is stronger because of it. I feel better when I exercise so I am wondering at this super small amount (.84 valium) of benzo is it starting to detox out of me more efficiently due to the exercise. 

It's good you are! 

I don't know about that. Your dose is so small..

[re...]

So much confusion with these pills man. Drives me nuts. It is just that I have noticed that the hard core exercise people (Snelle Jelle,Hikingchic) seemed to have better tapers and I am wondering if it was because of the exercise and it's ability to help metabolize the benzo better or it was just helpful in general. 

• Like 1

[PE...]
1 minute ago, [[r...] said:

So much confusion with these pills man. Drives me nuts. It is just that I have noticed that the hard core exercise people (Snelle Jelle,Hikingchic) seemed to have better tapers and I am wondering if it was because of the exercise and it's ability to help metabolize the benzo better or it was just helpful in general. 

I'm 100% sure my "fast" healing wouldn't be as fast without my crazy workouts.

[ve...]

Benzos are stored in fat, so I guess you avoid this storage and flush what you have if you exercize.

Edited by [ve...]

[PE...]
39 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

Benzos are stored in fat, so I guess you avoid this storage and flush what you have if you exercize.

Most are metabolised as fast you take them. Only a very tiny % is stored in fat. 

[Hu...]
45 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

Some are fat soluble, like Chlordiazepoxide and Diazepam. 

[re...]

Yeah Verdi you make an excellent point with that. WuWei sent me a link that says specifically Diazepam is especially stored in Adipose tissue so the exercise alone helps with this I think as you will burn adipose tissue through aerobic exercise. 

Not sure about the metabolism part, but maybe at super low doses this can help? All so confusing. 

[Ma...]
3 hours ago, [[v...] said:

I came here to say this.  To the extent that your body fat is lower, you metabolize them faster.  If you are overweight and/or have liver or kidney disease, you’ll metabolize them slower.  Older age also means you’ll metabolize them slower.  I’m sure there are dozens of other factors but these are the big ones.