Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Does liquid taper help ease any withdrawal symptoms? HELP with easing throat/neck, upper / lower GI issues, barely surviving...

[Ne...]

I'm planning to switch over to liquid Ativan for my taper and have noticed on the pill that I'm experiencing increasingly worse upper / lower GI symptoms (LPR, GERD, frequent bowels, scratchy throat, swollen lymph nodes, post nasal drip, esophagus pain).  I have also developed a tender right carotid artery where I feel a tiny bump. Has anyone else experienced these things and found some relief moving over to liquid, or found remedies to ease GI issues that came about from taking benzos?  I'm getting more and more freaked out by the day as I can't seem to gain weight (down to 90-93 lbs from a healthy 107 lbs) and am feeling rising discomfort in my throat/neck. :cry:  

• 3 weeks later...
[TH...]
On 15/04/2024 at 23:49, [[N...] said:

I'm planning to switch over to liquid Ativan for my taper and have noticed on the pill that I'm experiencing increasingly worse upper / lower GI symptoms (LPR, GERD, frequent bowels, scratchy throat, swollen lymph nodes, post nasal drip, esophagus pain).  I have also developed a tender right carotid artery where I feel a tiny bump. Has anyone else experienced these things and found some relief moving over to liquid, or found remedies to ease GI issues that came about from taking benzos?  I'm getting more and more freaked out by the day as I can't seem to gain weight (down to 90-93 lbs from a healthy 107 lbs) and am feeling rising discomfort in my throat/neck. :cry:  

Hey, how you doing? 

I've been experiencing throat symptoms as of today. Just come across your post. Mine seems to be at the front of my neck up the Adams apple bit. Weird. I've just put some ibuprofen gel on it see if that helps. 

Are you still able to get around and move? I've been quite housebound the last year or so and gained weight. Before all this I was skinny as a rake. Put on weight round my gut. 

I hope someone else comes in with their opinions and gives you more of an insight.