Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

My Plan: Fast taper then HOLD for months.

[sl...]

Background:

Clorazepate for a few months then cold turkey.

No benzos for 4 years. Then start Lorazepam at 1 mg at night for GAD (General Anxiety Disorder) and updosed up to 7.5 mg per day over the course of  9 years on it. (time flies!).

CURRENT SITUATION

Doctors angry at me for updosing, so I want to downdose to 5mg and then 2.5 (my life is complex right now I cannot titrate). I get tinnitus and

see 'glimpses' of light and worry a lot, with fast tapering. But this is 'my style' and I have done it before with clorazapate (first fast tapering then cold turkey). 

Doctor told me I will need 4 full years to do slow tapering, so I am doing it a bit faster disobeying the doctor. I had other doctors asking me to cold turkey when I was on 3mg/day but i didnt want to,as its dangerous.

PLAN

From 7 mg /day down to 2.5 /day (just to sleep) but i plan to hold, possibly for months (at 2 mg/day) and then try titration of some sort when my life is less messed up that it is right now (just relocated). 

ps: still have no history tab option on my profile, i also logged out and log back in, still not tab, maybe I need to be older in forum 'days' before I get that tab

PICTURE OF MY TABS ON MY PROFILE