Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Beginning taper next week

[Ba...]

How does a 67 year old widow who is all alone with no family go through this? I have been on benzos 40 years - Klonopin for over 15 years.. I have tried rehabs resulting in horrific withdrawal symptoms and a Baker Act. Now my provider is tapering me from 3 mg daily. I just started tapering down to 2 .75 which is difficult bc Klonopin is  not available in .25 strength. Lowest strength is.,5..I am using a pill cutter to try and divide 1 mg into 4 pieces. I'm already feeling the effects. I am searching for support and suggestions on how to go through this. I have a large home to maintain, big yard and am agoraphobic. I feel this is hopeless. I'm so scared. 

[Nu...]

Hi @[Ba...]. I'm sorry you're going through this. It's a tough road for some. I never had the opportunity to taper in the way that's recommended, so it's hard for me to contribute there. Just don't want you to feel alone. It's not hopeless -- you can do this. How supportive is your provider in changing your taper plan if needed?

[Pi...]

Stabilize first.  Get a scale from Amazon and cut 10% every 2 weeks.  Cut less if necessary.   It’s very important you Read the Ashton manual so you are clued in on what to expect.  Take 3 doses a day.  

I took Ativan for over 30 years.

Edited by [Pi...]