Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Updosing

[al...]

Hi all,  I have come down from 20 mgs of Valium to 11mgs in 7 months. .  So far my taper has been manageable . Cutting 4-5% every two weeks.  Usually I would get hit with symptoms  after 3 or so cuts later. They were manageable. However this last 4.5% cut has left me with extremely intense symptoms.  I cut to 11 mgs 8 days ago and started feeling the cut 3 days into it.  Would updosing back to previous dose of 11.4 mgs  be advisable. Has anyone done it with success.  Not sure if ive just gone too fast

Any replies would be appreciated. Thank you

[kn...]

I've come down from 60 mgs  of diazepam(valium) to a little under 4 in 2.5 years.  You seem like you're tolerating things pretty well.  Things do get very bad before they stabilize sometimes.  Stabilizing doesn't necessarily mean that you're "out of the woods".  But rather that you are functional (able to get out of bed, shower, move, and eat some regular food).  I found that when I hit ten mgs, things changed drastically.  As I approached those lower levels, I realized I  needed to lower my expectations in order to stay afloat.  I held at 2 for 5 months, realized that I was in acute, and probably wouldn't heal up before finally up dosing to 4 in early Feb of this year.  It was horrible and I was not functional at all during the entire time.  You might try stretching out you own hold time for awhile before deciding what to do.  I gutted it out far too long, before up dosing, but you'll be the best judge of when enough is enough.  Best wishes with this whole thing.  It takes awhile