Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Back & Forth

[da...]

This place used to be my life line back in the day 🤞🏽 

i remember the amount of relief i got when i discovered others who were like me , victims of psychiatry, and that i wasnt losing my mind. 

Im a survivor like many others who have came here and left , this is a success story though , i just wanted to highlight a few things that i think can help someone from doing the same mistakes i did. 

I finally did recover, to some degree i suppose but i managed to get my life on track, get a job, a house cars, two daughters etc, Uuuuuuuuntil!! I started drinking alcohol , and boy was i binging on the weekends.

That was the worst mistake reason being i lost all the progress i had made over the years, and i mean, since 2012 till now all that healing gone. 

at first the alcohol was okay, no hang overs and no symptoms of withdrawal. But over the cause of three years it started taking a toll on me. So i decided to quit but then an old familiar & scary feeling struck me, i knew i was falling back into what resembles benzo withdrawal. And i was right. 

so here i am, withdrawing from alcohol, im not as bad as i was when i first had benzo withdrawal, but i get depersonalisation/derealisation symptoms and cognitive impairment. Randomly however i get my brain back and i function better than i crash again. 

So heres my take, avoid alcohol when you heal, and trust me you will. I know this from experience, and yes i know it feels permanent and you cant fathom how feeling normal can return to you but it does. Avoid alcohol at all costs. 

ill be sticking around till i get back to normal again. 

theres so many new people here its sad that this benzo curse continues to affect  millions of people 💔

Any long haulers , protracted, please get in touch. 🙏🏽

excuse the spelling errors

• Like 1

[PE...]

I had a few beers, three max, once in awhile 6 months off. But it's happen mabey 3 times during this time. I have not had any problem with it. But as it effects the same receptors i just give it a rest totally. 

[da...]
20 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I had a few beers, three max, once in awhile 6 months off. But it's happen mabey 3 times during this time. I have not had any problem with it. But as it effects the same receptors i just give it a rest totally. 

Good for you, stay clear from alcohol bud.  

• Like 1