Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Hello my Buddies my travel story during W/d was an epic fail, but a funny one.

[th...]

Funny story.

One time during my 1ST w/d I had to travel out of the country. Now this was more than a huge deal because during this time, my every waking feeling was fear, shaking. vomiting, genital pain and sitting and walking and running to the places I needed to be was beyond what I could do. I knew my fate. But I decided to do the positive thinking thing. 

What happened when you traveled out of the country during your withdrawal? Well buddies, Id love to tell you. :2funny:

I tried to get back into the country and since my mind was all eye of the tiger but the rest of me was close to blacking out, I put my passport in my luggage and not my purse.

I tried to get back into the states and I got detained!!! 

They pushed me against a wall ( im 5 foot 103 pounds) and I had to stand there with my arms behind my back and my legs spread while the party I was traveling with was laughing and taking pictures because I had said " I feel like something bad is going to happen to me here." I was about to miss my shuttle and I saw the party I was traveling with trying to make the shuttle stay. IMAGINE THE FEAR AND THE TERROR. Good Lord I was about to pass out. 

But I was like " No worries, I am American, and they will be able to tell so I wont let this fear take hold of me." 

They took me into an office about 30 minutes later and said " We are going to ask you a series of questions to get you on your way." 

I am like " Cool! I know everything about America" 

They said " No.. What is your fathers middle name."

This stumped me and fear spread through me. I was looking around trying to remember his middle name. I didnt know it. I was a scared as a balloon in a fish hook store.

I looked them dead in the eyes, sick as a dog and said " Dude, im a child of divorce and he left when I was like 5. If we are going down that family tree, just make me a bed because I guess I live here now." 

I got up from the desk and said " I get it, I get it." And I laid down on the floor in that office. HAHAHAHAHAH "I was like look guys, I am not feeling well and I cant answer the questions about my dads side of the family because dude went out for lawn mower gas in 94 and simply never returned. 

He did return though... In the craziest way

Later I walked in to our local walmart and I am going down an isle and I heard my brothers laugh. I went down looking for my brother and as I stood in the middle of the isle, I saw him. It was not my brother. It was my father and he has the same laugh as my brother. He was stocking toliet paper which seemed fitting to me. 

He started working at Walmart and now I see him most days. 

When I do see him, I want to run up to him and shake him while screaming " WTF IS YOUR MIDDLE NAME BRO " incase that ever happens again  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2