Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

To anyone scared by posts about symptoms suddenly happening years off a benzo

[Re...]

There are people on here terrified by posts claiming acute symptoms out of the blue years off a benzo. And I feel like I need to say this to the members scared by these posts. I may get heat for saying this, but I think it needs to be said. Especially in light of the negative comments going around this community lately spreading fear about recovery and healing.

If someone is claiming acute level symptoms out of the blue years off I learned to ask myself how are they caring for their health since quitting benzos. Because I have found that often details are left out -- sometimes it is not on purpose because the member posting doesn't even realize what likely could have occurred. Some people are choosing to get vaccines and surgeries, taking other psych meds and other prescriptions, drinking alcohol, smoking, consuming energy drinks, etc, and coming on here claiming they are not healed and all of a sudden in acute. I am not talking about people with underlying conditions.

Lifestyle and medical choices can effect healing timelines. I see these posts describing acute-level symptoms years off and then think, that can't be, and sure enough, I go dig back through the person's past posts and the person revealed they took a benzo for a procedure or steroid ear drop or antibiotic or got two vaccines recently or something.

Knowing what I know now about these drugs and the damage from them, it is crystal clear to me and I would bet money that these choices are a factor in the symptoms but this is not mentioned and then the post scares the wits out of people and feeds the fear here.

So I guess my point here is to encourage members to do their own research come to their own conclusions based on that research and don't jump to conclusions that scare you without having all of the facts. If you do post about symptoms so many years off, I beg of you to please include details that help others make sense of this for themselves if you are physically able to.

We are all humans doing the best we can in a horrendous situation. We are all trying to get through it and in no way am I judging or criticizing protracted people. We should all be welcome here regardless of time off and all have a voice here in this community aligned with the guidelines here. I am only saying consider the facts for yourself when you read something about symptoms years off out of the blue. Big hearts to all of you, buddies.

Edited by [Re...]
  • Like 3