Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

eliminating evenge dose

[ji...]

hello guys~~ for the people who take 2 doses a day, would i eliminate 1 dose at a time at the end of my taper.  like just start lowering my night time dose until thats finishes and then focus on the day dose.   all through my taper,when i reduce, i do it for both doses.   im just having trouble now at the end of taper and thought maybe i should rethink how i reduce~~thanks~jill

Edited by [ji...]

[Re...]
2 hours ago, [[j...] said:

hello guys~~ for the people who take 2 doses a day, would i eliminate 1 dose at a time at the end of my taper.  like just start lowering my night time dose until thats finishes and then focus on the day dose.   all through my taper,when i reduce, i do it for both doses.   im just having trouble now at the end of taper and thought maybe i should rethink how i reduce~~thanks~jill

Is reducing both doses currently working for you? Congrats on almost crossing the finish line!

• Like 2

[ji...]
Posted (edited)

@[Re...] hello.  it has been working for the last few years.  i got down to 0.1mg in the am and same in pm  and was slammed with all the symptoms that ive read about but hadnt experienced.   i dont know if i need to change something up with my taper or if this was going to eventually happen.   ive been very lucky so far and have been wondering how i was getting away without many symptoms after over 30 year use.   my symptoms now are really scary and intense.  any thought would be appreciated~~jill 

Edited by [ji...]

[Re...]
6 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

@[Re...] hello.  it has been working for the last few years.  i got down to 0.1 in the am and same in pm  and was slammed with all the symptoms that ive read about but hadnt experienced.   i dont know if i need to change something up with my taper or if this was going to eventually happen.   ive been very lucky so far and have been wondering how i was getting away without many symptoms after over 30 year use.   my symptoms now are really scary and intense.  any thought would be appreciated~~jill 

Are you doing hyperbolic water taper? Personally, and this is my opinion, I would not change the pattern if this has worked up until this point. Keep the same pattern and control that variable. I am not surprised about the symptoms changing now -- you might be feeling the past cuts as there can be a delayed response. This can happen regardless of length of use. What are your current symptoms? Was there any change in manufacturer along the way? That can sometimes be a contributing factor. As other members chime in, you can get a consensus. You can also speak with someone like coach Angela Peacock who helps people decide choices like this.

Edited by [Re...]
  • Like 1

[or...]
26 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

Is reducing both doses currently working for you? Congrats on almost crossing the finish line!

Super good point @[Re...] & @[ji...], I was told it was best to just take the doses the same way as I had wanted to change when I thought I was having interdose issues but I wasn't come to find out after just holding longer.

Have you been holding for long enough periods for you to really be stable before you jump Jilly?  I think that's the sign for all of us if we are still doing good after a holding time.  Hope this makes sense.  I got some really good info today on half-life and I understand that way better about why we need to wait for that "steady state". :hug:

[ji...]

@[Re...] my new symptoms are at night when im falling asleep my hands and face/mouth get  numb and hot with a feeling of pulsating with very intense internal vibrations.  also very intense squeezing in my stomach where i cant get a full breath and crazy heartbeats. this goes on for most of the night.~~jill

[ji...]
Posted (edited)

@[or...]  hello my friend.  yes, i have been stable really for the past 2 years.with the exception of twice when i took an antibiotic.  something tells me that my brain has healing to do and i guess it reached a point.  im telling myself that i may have times like this the rest of the way and try to accept it.   it seems like im feeling good for a week and then i get these symptoms for a few days.thats been the pattern since these symptoms have started in february~~jill

Edited by [ji...]
  • Like 1

[or...]
9 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

@[or...]  hello my friend.  yes, i have been stable really for the past 2 years.with the exception of twice when i took an antibiotic.  something tells me that my brain has healing to do and i guess it reached a point.  im telling myself that i may have times like this the rest of the way and try to accept it.   it seems like im feeling good for a week and then i get these symptoms for a few days.thats been the pattern since these symptoms have started~~jill

It looks like you've done very, small tapers, then held for a month usually.  One thing I've read before as well is about even if we've used a short time, or a longer time, like 30 for you and 35 for me, we should have the same chance of healing.  I think that's in the Ashton Manual too, and Rebecca mentioned it.  Do you want to take a look at Mattwahoo's reply to me today?  I learned so much, and can better understand how the half-lives of these dang things work.  I'll put a link in case your up to reading it, maybe it will help.

If I was you though, I'm pretty sure I would not taper until those types of wd sxs pass Jilly :hug:so hang in there beautiful lady, I love your new photo, Denise PS here's the link: https://benzobuddies.org/topic/276853-half-life-of-benzos/#comment-3505451

Edited by [or...]
  • Love 1

[Re...]
11 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

@[Re...] my new symptoms are at night when im falling asleep my hands and face/mouth get  numb and hot with a feeling of pulsating with very intense internal vibrations.  also very intense squeezing in my stomach where i cant get a full breath and crazy heartbeats. this goes on for most of the night.~~jill

This is all too common, unfortunately. I had a numb mouth and have had internal vibrations and squeezing, tachycardia, etc. I am sorry that you are dealing with this but it sounds like you have a windows and waves pattern which seems like a good sign.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[ji...]

thank you @[or...] and @[Re...].    rebecca, would you also say i should hold or should i reduce anyway?   ive become someone who needs so much reassurance lately, lol

[Re...]
4 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

thank you @[or...] and @[Re...].    rebecca, would you also say i should hold or should i reduce anyway?   ive become someone who needs so much reassurance lately, lol

What does your intuition tell you?

[ji...]

@[Re...].  something is telling me that its going to be this way going forward either way, so that makes    me just want to keep reducing ~~jill

[Re...]
29 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

@[Re...].  something is telling me that its going to be this way going forward either way, so that makes    me just want to keep reducing ~~jill

It's so unpredictable. I know some people slow their taper down at the end.

• Like 1

[Bo...]

I’d keep your two doses if it were me, keep that consistent as others have says.

which benzo are you on? K? If so .2mg is still a hefty amount of it , safe jump dose is .025mg and below.

at .18mg I started having lots of issues likely cuts catching up and I swapped to liquid and evened out better slowed things down to 5% a month for .16mg and below- that helped functionality a lot and I improved lower I went until very end bc I crashed.

so might still be able to move forward but smaller reduction if your gut tells you that’s what you need. I did micro taper and .01mg over a month the last .16mg. 

all the best and know some harder symptoms can die up lower doses but smaller cuts might be helpful.

hugs and wishing you wel!!

• Like 2

[ji...]

@[Bo...]..   thank you so much for your insite.   yes, this lower dose of klonopin is hard.  i will be going even slower.  and i think i will be keeping both doses.   i have micro tapered through my whole taper except the first .5 mgs..  and thank you for your well wishes =)  ~~~jill

[or...]

I believe that following the half-life that the info is in the link I post up above, will teach me how to avoid anything "catching up" if I pay attention to my taper.  I agree with others that say taper the same way I always have, with very, good results, which has been once a day for me, mornings.

If not, I think it's safe to say our bodies will speak to us loud and clear.  Wave & windows.  I'll also add that I am pretty sure intuition is a brain-thing, and I for one can't rely on my brain 100%, but listening to my body is the most important thing I've learned, oregonlady :hug:PS Every day of my life my brain tells me to just stop the benzo cold-turkey, or speed up my taper, "you just don't want to go through anymore of this Denise".  I'm glad I have not given into those benzo-lies, seeing how I haven't read anything on BB that has told me that either would work out better.

• Like 1

Hi Jill

I waited till everybody with more experience, gave you their thoughts. I wish there was an almighty Oz that could tell us exactly what to do. 
I agree with all the advice that was given here. Just remember as are doses go lower the percentages go up.!

I do think you should start making smaller cuts, especially since you’re cutting both doses at the same time. The finish line is in site. No need to hurry. The objective is to finish.

if it were me, I would keep walking both doses down until I couldn’t figure out how to cut anymore. then I would drop one dose(which would be a 50% cut) and then I would drop the other(which would be 100%) 

walking off I believe(I hope) is better than jumping.

you are an inspiration and give me hope. Very best of luck on the rest of your journey.        Gene

• Love 1

[ji...]

thank you so much  @[...]  ~~  yes, i agree with everything you said & i am definatly planning on walking off, not jumping.  ..  the new symptoms through me for a loop.  i only get them every 5 days or so.  that seems to be the way its going since february when they started.  but when i dont have them, i feel fine.  so i am just getting used to a few bad days a month.  i realize it could be much worse for me.   i hope you are doing well & moving along without too much discomfort.     wishing you good health!~~~jill

• Like 1