Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

STARTED WITH A LITTLE PILL (suffering)

[au...]

6 years of taking xanax ,by choice I've always had the will to quit several times, it's just was the withdraws that got me back to the blue pill ! I've decided I'm stronger I'm done ,so enough is enough  I do not want to do them anylonger I have woerd symptoms I wake up midnight  covered in sweat my chest hurts my left side of my face is always numb , I'm about 3 days sober , despite all that I still haven't touched any ,did anyone ever ha e a problem coming off with there blood pressure mine has always been amazing I went to the er last night I'm 26 and my BP was 154 over 110 with pulse 115 they tried giving me a benzo there and I declined they asked why I didn't give them a reason just said no ? So I'm trying here I do not want these no longer what are some good things to do to help with the withdraws ? I'm scared of having a sezier like I read moat people had whags the most critical time for that anyway thanks, I'm suffering but still holding onto my word that I've given my self 

• Like 1

[Co...]

Hello @[au...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

What was your daily or average daily dose of Xanax? After anything but short term use, and especially form anything above a small dose, benzodiazepines must be tapered off to avoid the risk of very dangerous seizures (benzodiazepines are much the same as alcohol in this respect).

• Like 1

[au...]

I was doing two milligrams a day But I wasn't Taking them oral so I feel like it's more of a chemical dependence Been doing them strong for like six years @[Co...]

• Like 1

[PE...]
2 minutes ago, [[a...] said:

I was doing two milligrams a day But I wasn't Taking them oral so I feel like it's more of a chemical dependence Been doing them strong for like six years @[Co...]

Hi!

You didn't swallow them how did you take them?

Some raised BP is normal so don't worry about that.

Doing a cold turkey from benzos is a intense and somewhat life changing experience! 

If you could get a long lasting benzo to taper it out you would avoid having a seizure. I didn't get one but everyone is different. 

At this point, 3 days, you are in the start of it. You made the right decision to finally come of this poison, and also coming here. There are much of info and lots of helpful people here.

:)

• Like 1

[au...]

I was crushing them and using a bill i would get about 100 1mgs and it would last aboout a month The withdraws is what kept me on them It is really intense It's a thousand times worse in nighttime And wake me up in the middle of the night.So can wet like I just got a shower But I'm doing it @[PE...]

[Be...]

@auidk Hello! It's nice to meet you. I'm new here and learning from all these fine folks; there is a ton of great info and support here! I'm approx 8 or so weeks post involuntary cold turkey from 11 years of 15mg Diazepam 3x/day AND high-dose opioids.

I was forced into cold turkey when my previous prescribing doc abandoned his practice depriving me of the opportunity to plan a taper. I hope you are able to avoid cold turkey. I've technically survived it as I'm still here but it's hell on earth. I feel like I'm trying to re-construct my brain/life and I wouldn't wish this hell on anyone.

I'm glad you're here and look forward to seeing you around :clap:

• Like 1

[PE...]
1 minute ago, [[a...] said:

I was crushing them and using a bill i would get about 100 1mgs and it would last aboout a month The withdraws is what kept me on them It is really intense It's a thousand times worse in nighttime And wake me up in the middle of the night.So can wet like I just got a shower But I'm doing it @[PE...]

You doing great!!

Yeah those nights sweats are awful! Are you at home by your self?

It's always good to have someone to have around the first few day's. 

The state your in now is the acute phase and it can last a couple of week's. As I understand a short acting benzo can have less duration.

I know exactly what you going through I did the same thing 6 month's ago and it's a fucking nightmare for sure! 

It will get better! Just hang in there my friend. PM me anytime I'm online everyday. 

[au...]
3 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

You doing great!!

Yeah those nights sweats are awful! Are you at home by your self?

It's always good to have someone to have around the first few day's. 

The state your in now is the acute phase and it can last a couple of week's. As I understand a short acting benzo can have less duration.

I know exactly what you going through I did the same thing 6 month's ago and it's a fucking nightmare for sure! 

It will get better! Just hang in there my friend. PM me anytime I'm online everyday. 

Do you feel like you're normal self after six months Or are you having a hard time? I've done this before.The longest I had was thirty three days And it was hell and I eventually caved in after thirty three days but not This time I felt like the Withdraws were worse at 2 to 3 weeks apose to a day or 2

4 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

@auidk Hello! It's nice to meet you. I'm new here and learning from all these fine folks; there is a ton of great info and support here! I'm approx 8 or so weeks post involuntary cold turkey from 11 years of 15mg Diazepam 3x/day AND high-dose opioids.

I was forced into cold turkey when my previous prescribing doc abandoned his practice depriving me of the opportunity to plan a taper. I hope you are able to avoid cold turkey. I've technically survived it as I'm still here but it's hell on earth. I feel like I'm trying to re-construct my brain/life and I wouldn't wish this hell on anyone.

I'm glad you're here and look forward to seeing you around :clap:

I appreciate your effort to reach out So Would valium  have  worse withdraws than xanax if your on for a long period of time 

• Like 1

[PE...]
2 minutes ago, [[a...] said:

Do you feel like you're normal self after six months Or are you having a hard time? I've done this before.The longest I had was thirty three days And it was hell and I eventually caved in after thirty three days but not This time I felt like the Withdraws were worse at 2 to 3 weeks apose to a day or 2

I appreciate your effort to reach out So Would valium  have  worse withdraws than xanax if your on for a long period of time 

I'm not 100% back. But I'm good enough to go to the gym, relax without benzos. And I got back to what I liked to do before I started with this crap!

But! I did a CT like 7 years ago and wad totally fine after 2 month that time. So it's really hard to set a standard!

I was on 150mg diazepam or full blisters of what type of benzo I had at home at the moment, mostly all of them, so was in really bad shape.

Like you I just wanted to stop but couldn't face the withdrawal. I tried many times. I did a ct 10 days before I finally got off on the last one.

I will never ever touch the stuff again!

[PE...]

How bad the withdrawal is, comes down to so many factors then just the type of benzo IMO.