Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Wreck at 7.4 years

[gu...]

I am in a three month horrific setback that is worse than acute. I cannot comprehend this. I didn’t take anything or do anything. It just happened. I’m holding on by my fingernails. So much panic and so many crazy new symptoms and rapid cycling. Baylissa talks about this being fine tuning toward the end, but I’m so desperate I’m clinging to everyone and driving them away… Any support is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

It's terribly sad to hear about🥺 The mark of 7 years is far away for me yet, so i can't be much of help in advising. Just would like to say i feel for you and wish you a speedy  happy ending of the suffering. Don't give up hope! The recovery may be on the way and come any moment:balloon:

• Love 1

[Bo...]

What are you struggling with the most?

trust Baylissa she’s talked to 20k+ people…. She has seen people rapid cycle this far out and overnight be healed completely. It’s such a torturous journey and I am so sorry things are so tough but please give yourself a chance to come out of this wave bc it will end. Cope however you need to.

sending love and keep reaching out…. You are supported here and keep believing in yourself. Hugs 

• Love 1

[dj...]

Gutsy, this sounds beyond awful.  I’m sorry.  You were feeling pretty good before this wave, right?  Hang on to that.  I’m sure you’ll be back there soon.  

I know Dr Jennifer Leigh said she had a really bad wave at 6 years out.  She was pretty much bedridden for 3-4 months but then was pretty much back to normal with only minor symptoms at 6-7 months.  Stay hopeful.  I’m sure this will pass.  

• Love 1

[gu...]

I am so grateful for the kind words!!!  Thank you for helping me keep perspective.  💕. It is very hard to think of this as healing when it is so brutal and this far out.  BTW Jen Leigh felt 50% normal after 6 months… I deeply appreciate everyone who reached out.  🙏❤️

• Like 1

[dj...]
1 hour ago, [[g...] said:

I am so grateful for the kind words!!!  Thank you for helping me keep perspective.  💕. It is very hard to think of this as healing when it is so brutal and this far out.  BTW Jen Leigh felt 50% normal after 6 months… I deeply appreciate everyone who reached out.  🙏❤️

I think her setback hit her in July and she said she was 50% at Christmas, which is 5 months.  Her post in February said she was mostly back to normal, so that’s 7 months.  We’re splitting hairs here but point is she got back to health fairly quickly from month 5 to 7.  Just trying to be more optimistic for you!

Edited by [dj...]
  • Love 1

[Re...]

@[gu...] I am so sorry this is happening to you after this much time. Just to clarify, you take no other prescription drugs, no OTC, supplements, herbs, hormones, alcohol, etc?

[Ya...]
12 hours ago, [[g...] said:

I am in a three month horrific setback that is worse than acute. I cannot comprehend this. I didn’t take anything or do anything. It just happened. I’m holding on by my fingernails. So much panic and so many crazy new symptoms and rapid cycling. Baylissa talks about this being fine tuning toward the end, but I’m so desperate I’m clinging to everyone and driving them away… Any support is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Any previous setbacks ? How where you feeling before this setback? I'm in a setback myself at nearly 3 years , but I'm sure it will take time and go just like previous waves. Only I know that setbacks are harsher, I guess it's deeper fine tuning and more healing is happening unlike waves. I do trust Baylissa and Dr.Jens predicaments . Trust them. 

[St...]

Stay strong, as frustrating as it is, your body is doing the final healing.. You can do this!

Wishing you good and fast healing 🙏

• Love 1

[gu...]

Thanks for the good wishes everybody. On top of this wave I have a really awful respiratory virus. Hard to imagine being healthy again.

[de...]

Hang in there!  You will get through this!  Your body is just taking another step to complete healing.     

[re...]

I think these kind of posts really scare people trying to get off and move forward!!!!!! Just an honest observation and not a critique or even a call to censor yourself at all. 

Your current respitory virus definitely could have something to do with your intense symptoms without a doubt. But THIS TOO SHALL PASS. And with a virus it could be low lying even for months until it comes out and starts to be noticeable.  I want to reassure you that once your body clears this virus out. You will feel great again. The body goes in attack mode so you of course feel terrible.  I had some bad sinus issues and even some food poisoning throughout this taper and once these episodes cleared I felt AMAZING and you will too. 

It is VERY real what you are experiencing. I would never ever gaslight anyone like the doctors slyly do. Your nervous system has been through alot when you took that damn Versed which what I have seen is NASTY. They tried to use it in execution of inmates on death row and it has lots of controversy around it and not doing what it was intended to do.  I usually don't say this, but it is one Benzo that definitely should be BANNED IMO. It even has a reoccurrence of seizures when they use it for epileptics. 

You have said in the past though that alot of it is mental. So I think your best bet would be to create a diary of food you are eating things(and possible triggers) you are doing that are creating stress or even OTHER people around you creating stress. And also please please do yourself a huge service and look back at your previous long windows. You will feel them AGAIN any day now, believe in this and it will carry you through. 

Also at your age I would definitely be at least getting some checkups/blood work with a functional medicine doc as they do more intensive tests to see if any of your levels/markers are outta whack. 

[Na...]

So sorry you are suffering, Gusty. I’m 4 years off and cycling through some old symptoms. I have a kidney infection and on an antibiotic I’ve never taken. I suspect that has triggered my symptoms.  

I have had setbacks before and they are usually brief. It is so hard to comprehend how we can still be triggered this far out. 

Know that this too shall pass. Sending hugs of comfort and support,

Nannycakes

• Love 1

[gu...]

Thank you again for the support. I’m kind of surprised that people are willing to respond to me given how scary the topic is. You are all extremely kind. ❤️
    To clarify, I have never ever ever had a setback like this before. EVER!!  Acute was not nearly this bad and I’ve never had a wave this bad. This feels like a whole new withdrawal.  (It’s not).  I always had a window and wave pattern and only rarely was the intensity this extreme. This has been going on almost nonstop for three months with  solely psych symptoms.
     In some ways, I am now experiencing withdrawal the way most people do. As terrible as mine was before, I know I had it easy compared to other people.. why it had to come back like a hammer on my head this far out is incomprehensible. I know that Jen Leigh said her last setback was worse than acute. Again, Baylissa has told me many times that this is common when people are coming close to the end, but who knows how long this can go on for. I feel I have to be made of steel..

Baylissa has also told me it is not usual for people to go as far out as I am. But she has certainly seen it, according to her hundreds of times. Of course she has worked with probably close to 20,000 people so don’t think this applies to you…. It’s likely it will not.

Thank you again so very much for saying things like this will pass because it really gets hard to believe. It’s easy to believe  that something else is wrong with me…. but nothing else makes sense. And yes, I’ve been to doctors and had work ups, etc. Sending heartfelt thanks.

[gu...]

PS. I am giving my word that when all of this finally concludes for me, I am going to write one hell of a success story, and I’m going to do a recorded interview with Baylissa for success story as well.

• 2 weeks later...
[Dr...]
On 13/04/2024 at 11:13, [[d...] said:

Hang in there!  You will get through this!  Your body is just taking another step to complete healing.     

Decatur are you fully healed? I see you took the same poison I did, ambien. I’m 30 months off and still feel off a bit.