Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tight upper and lower stomach?

[th...]

I have been in tolerance for 2 years and was wondering if anyone else had 

-stomach tightness 

-stomach muscles always feeling nervous and shakey

-not able to breathe in fully because it is so tight

lastly Pelvic or vaginal pain.

i have been looking for weeks…

I have some symptoms regarding stomach, chest and, in fact, almost all other muscles. But i'm not in tolerance anymore. They're my withdrawal symptoms torturing me for months. I also know quite well a few people who are suffering from pelvic and vaginal pain, shaky and nervous stomach muscles exactly due to benzo tolerance. Not sure it will help but, at least, something. Good luck to you!)

[th...]

@[...] Honey, You helped me a lot actually. Never take for granted what you have to offer. That information is exactly what I needed to know. You are enough proof needed. How is your WD going Kate?! I do hope as well as can be. My first two times I made it quite a bit on the first one but... lol divorcing during a wd was a little too inhumane on top of the already inhumane lol 

• Like 1

@[th...], I'm glad you found the information useful and thank you for the words about taking for granted. They made me think)

My WD is past its middle, as i hope. It's ok, exactly what i thought a benzo wd would be, a "bit' longer than i expected but what is left now is quite bearable. Wish you good and well!)

[th...]

@[...] ohhhh I’m knew to phases so when you say “middle” what time frame is that? I’m proud of you. Has your acute changed to a middle regarding symptoms 

4 hours ago, [[t...] said:

@[...] ohhhh I’m knew to phases so when you say “middle” what time frame is that? I’m proud of you. Has your acute changed to a middle regarding symptoms 

Thank you, @[th...]!) 

i don't think it's about a timeframe, just about feeling. I just feel i'm past this middle) i'm 1 year off benzo.

I used to be in severe tolerance for 1.5 year but i didn't know it then. It was the worst time ever. Learned about benzo and started the tapering. My taper was hard but i had some hope i was going to get better.  I did a bit at the end of the taper and, up to my 9th wd month, i'd been window-waved but i could enjoy life in between. Now i have the same window-waves but the intensity much less except for some "lucky" days.

What about you? And, yes, divorced during WD sounds worse than it should be... Hope you've got over it.🌺

[th...]

@[...] well my dear lol the wd caused me to divorce him and I didn’t know what was going on. I didn’t know about the wd. I tapered over a year and jumped. Got married and I started having intrusivw thoughts, got anxiety to touch, the sound of his truck. I thought I had made a mistake. So I divorced him. Realized it didn’t make me feel better and I didn’t know why. Decided to get back on because I thought the problem was me. During my second wd I had the exact same symptoms and though it was 2 years apart, finally understood what it took from me… 

now I’m selling my home to live in a mini house camper at my mothers before attempting again. 

since I have 2 wds under me, I know what awaits me and to be honest, I wish I didn’t. It consumes my thoughts. The fear is so intense. Will I be the one okish at 7 months or will I be the one 7 years and still symptomatic 

16 hours ago, [[t...] said:

@[...] well my dear lol the wd caused me to divorce him and I didn’t know what was going on. I didn’t know about the wd. I tapered over a year and jumped. Got married and I started having intrusivw thoughts, got anxiety to touch, the sound of his truck. I thought I had made a mistake. So I divorced him. Realized it didn’t make me feel better and I didn’t know why. Decided to get back on because I thought the problem was me. During my second wd I had the exact same symptoms and though it was 2 years apart, finally understood what it took from me… 

now I’m selling my home to live in a mini house camper at my mothers before attempting again. 

since I have 2 wds under me, I know what awaits me and to be honest, I wish I didn’t. It consumes my thoughts. The fear is so intense. Will I be the one okish at 7 months or will I be the one 7 years and still symptomatic 

@[th...], very sorry for you. it seems as if your divorce was a side effect of benzo wd. A very devastating one, in fact. 

I don't know why, but the fact that i had learned beforehand what was going to happen to me during the tapering and wd made it easier to actually do the withdrawing. However unbearable and ridiculous they were, I wasn't afraid of the symptoms. Was sure i wasn't dying or going mad and they would be over one day. But i think you know it for yourself, having lived through the 2 wds of yours.

Wish you strengths, faith and favorable surroundings to get over the, possibly but not necessarily, tough experience and live happily ever after!)

[Dr...]

@[th...], my benzo journey actually started with severe pelvic pain. Or to be honest maybe already in the many years leading up to the pain.

What I now understand is that the GABA / Glutamate balance was already dangerous for a long time, due to epigenetics, unsafe childhood, trauma, diseases, insomnia, etc. To help me sleep, I made my own THC oil and used that 4 years without knowing that this works on the same receptors as benzo's do. It made me even more hyper glutamate. 

And then the pelvic pain started in 2020. I had horrible episodes of what I would call pain attacks. Hours on end of excruciating pain. I would not be able to sit or lie down because my pelvic would be on fire. 

Also in between the attacks I would have pain, every single day. Sometimes the bladder, sometimes the vagina, sometimes the labia, etc. 

October last year I had the most horrible episode of pain attacks, that lasted for about 2 weeks. I asked my doctor for help and was prescribed Lyrica (Pregabaline). That didn't work. I only took it for 3 weeks, then reduced for 1 week and then all hell broke loose. 

I went into horrible WD symptoms, became a danger to myself and then ended up with the mental crisis services here in The Netherlands. By that time I hadn't slept for weeks and my nervous system was unable to calm down. So they gave me Lorazepam to get me out of the immediate crisis. 

It took a while to get stable and immediately after I started looking for a safe way to taper. So since January 23rd I have been tapering. 

I'm getting support from a naturopath to get me through the tapering as good as possible and in then mean time we work on the endorphin system and the endocannabinoid system, to get the glutamate down. 

My hope is, and I really believe this to be true, that when my tapering is done and the balance is restored, the pelvic pain will be gone as well as it is all connected to each other. And to be honest, I do still have pain every day, but mostly it's manageable and I haven't had another pain attack since October. 

Also, the tapering is going quite well. It's not easy (also not for my partner) but so far I've managed to at least work some hours a day (5 to 6). My social life is fairly reduced as I'm staying in my own quiet bubble throughout this process, but I know this will all come again when I'm healed. 

I hope my story gives you at least some understanding or hope. And know that you're not alone with the pelvic pain. 

I'm sorry for all that you've gone through already and am sending you all my best healing wishes from The Netherlands.