Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Wich dose taper first, daytime or both

[5a...]

[5a...]

Hi buds, 

I am on a few days hold and I need to solve this question before i resume my taper.

I am having 2 doses a day, both equal, 1.9 mg diazepam every 12 hours.

Should i reduce first my daytime dose or keep tapering both at the same rate as i have been doing so far?

Ashton manual says i should get rid of my daytine dose first and stay only on the night time dose and then taper that one but i dont know if it would be better or worse.

Any help with this please.

Thanks.

[ns...]
1 hour ago, [[D...] said:

Hi buds, 

I am on a few days hold and I need to solve this question before i resume my taper.

I am having 2 doses a day, both equal, 1.9 mg diazepam every 12 hours.

Should i reduce first my daytime dose or keep tapering both at the same rate as i have been doing so far?

Ashton manual says i should get rid of my daytine dose first and stay only on the night time dose and then taper that one but i dont know if it would be better or worse.

Any help with this please.

Thanks.

Ho Dolvian, 

.tried to look up your taper strategy but I'm unclear on it.

Your on  liquid taper correct?

I'm not familiar with this at all. I do think all taper strategy is basically the same when it comes to a schedule. 

I personally wouldn't change in mid stream. I.wouls taper both doses equally. 

For example, I'm tapering lorazepam 4x per day, very tiny doses. I cut all 4 doses equally and take them at the same time everyday. This keeps a steady amount of the medication in our bloodstream equally. 

I've not heard of anyone cutting their doses in different amounts, but there could be some here who do.

I'm not clear why you would want to change your current Schedule?

Could you please elaborate on this.

Ns

[wi...]
1 hour ago, [[D...] said:

Ashton manual says i should get rid of my daytine dose first and stay only on the night time dose and then taper that one but i dont know if it would be better or worse

Ashton manual is just a guide, it’s not the holy grail. Just keep that in mind. I followed her sample schedules and they were WAY too fast for me. I had to learn to listen to my instincts and trust them sometimes by just doing it and jumping off a cliff with no parachute. You can worry till the cows come home what will be the best move, you just kinda pick a course and give it a shot. And you can always correct course of it doesn’t work out. 
❤️