Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

ADHD medication

[Wi...]

I have ADHD medication prescribed but I rarely take it. I’m afraid it will interfere with my healing. 

How bad is it for my brain to take it? I took some pills last weekend and still have a headache. Should I quit them for good? I don’t want to take anything that’s bad for my healing.

I stopped taking Valium almost 4 years ago after being on them for 8 years. I’m still healing.

[Re...]

Hello @[pl...], Welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Please don't hesitate to start your own thread and let us know how we can support you. Please consider filling out your history, so our Buddies will better understand what you are going through. 

Take care,

RR

[Da...]
19 hours ago, [[W...] said:

I have ADHD medication prescribed but I rarely take it. I’m afraid it will interfere with my healing. 

How bad is it for my brain to take it? I took some pills last weekend and still have a headache. Should I quit them for good? I don’t want to take anything that’s bad for my healing.

I stopped taking Valium almost 4 years ago after being on them for 8 years. I’m still healing.

I am still tapering but almost done, and I started Zoloft for my ADHD and OCD.  Tapering put my OCD into Overdrive and my zoloft helps calm the constant chatter in my brain, taken away the social anxiety, the paranoia of people seeing my tremors, and I am actually able to get out now!!!  I actually went out in public for the first time in a year.  But that's just me.  I also have low dose ADHD Meds...I taken one here and there as I felt I needed them as they slowed the chatter in my brain down!  I don't take the therapeutic dose of ADHD Meds - I asked the pharmacist to fill it at the lowest, that way I can monitor it.  If it gives me palpitations I know it will wear off soon.  At the end of the day, you have to decide what is best for you.  I have only been on Zoloft for less than 2 weeks and I feel a difference - it can take a while to work and when it's in my system.  I will not be taking the ADHD Meds at all - I rarely do now.  For me, My OCD, ADHD and other things have been there all my life...so I am ok with 1 treatment.  But again that is just me.