Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Severe this early in withdrawal!

[Jo...]

Is it normal to be this severe this early in withdrawal? I am only 6 months out from taken my last dose of k. And I am dealing with severe muscle issues, my skin is stinging, I can barely walk, and am worried that it is only going to get worse. This also taking a toll on my mom. I can’t tell her what is happening to me without her getting depressed. Me and family are about to move in a couple of months and it is very strange for me just to lay in bed with severe muscle tension in my legs when my family is getting ready to pack stuff up around the house. If this gets any worse I am not going to make it. I have tried my best to tell myself that is not getting worse and all this is just process of healing. I don’t think I am healing at all! Judging from the stories I’ve read healing doesn’t take place until almost like a year out for a majority of people. And sometimes people are worse even a year out. This is really scaring me because my future is being put into question. 

• Sad 1

[PE...]

Hi!

I'm also 6 months out something. I'm better off now then when I ct for sure, but healing could go a little bit faster..

I'm one of the % that has no pain or weird skin problems. But I got my share of other symptoms. 

So I hope both of us start healing faster then the extreme! Like you I feel time iss passing and I have other things to do..

Peace.

[Br...]

@[Jo...] - How long it takes to heal varies a lot from one individual to another.  For some of us 6 months is still pretty early in withdrawal  and symptoms can still be very intense.  You're right that we see a lot of members experience significant healing in the second half of the second year.  Again, there's a lot of variation.  I know how hard it is to remain hopeful and how easy it is to become discouraged when you feel beaten down by symptoms. But healing and recovery have their own timeline for each of us.  The best we can do is to take good care of ourselves to give ourselves the best conditions for healing.  Time takes care of the rest.  Please remember to read Success Stories.