Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Diazepam taper Advice

[Za...]

Hello everyone 

I'm in my tapering from Diazepam. I feel good enough to go to the gym and have done for the last week. I like lifting heavy weights compared to cardio. Is there anyone that do weights in taper, what's your thoughts. Obviously our CNS is a bit under stress with the benzo's but if you feel OK and your don't feel bad after training, do you guys feel I should keep going. Lifting weight also makes me feel good and positive.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks2

[Ka...]

Hello @[Za...] I remember your taper from another thread. 

Personally, I would carry on & you currently feel good & positive  - that’s really great!

These tapering plans are all about watching how we feel & being symptom lead as our system adjusts. I wish you good luck with the taper off diazepam. 

Edited by [Ka...]
  • Like 1

[PE...]

I'm lifting but not as often i usually do. But once I'm there it's a incredible positive rush. For me it's the best medicine there is.

• Like 1

[Za...]

@[PE...] thanks for the comment. Yes I agree with you, I do feel better but just making sure it wasn't doing anything bad!!! The stress from Benzo withdrawal on CNS and I didn't want to over stress my body or the healing process but if you feel it's OK then I'll keep on doing. Thanks again

• Like 1

[Br...]

@[Za...] I agree with Katrina - it's all about paying attention to your symptoms and making changes if necessary.  It's doesn't sound like you're seeing your symptoms rev up as a result of lifting so I think it's working for you.  I would remain tuned-in to your responses because things can change over the course of withdrawal - what worked last month may not work the same way next month.  

It may be helpful to keep a taper journal to monitor your symptoms and functionality on a daily basis and be able to see your unique withdrawal pattern.  You would record your dose as well as ratings of your symptoms and functionality level (e.g. 0 = no or completely tolerable symptoms, no issues with performing essential daily tasks; 10 = intolerable symptoms, major issues with performing essential daily tasks).  In your case you may want to also record what your lifting or other exercise was each day.  

• Like 1