Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Lorazepam taper help, please.

[ur...]

Hi, I need some help and advice. I was prescribed lorazepam to assist with on -boarding an antidepressant this past fall. I had used it very sporadically as I knew it was dangerous.  I wasn't able to tolerate any of the antidepressants prescribed. Too many side effects. Had .5Mg Leading brand lorazepam tablets.  Month of Dec was taking one daily dose of.25Mg maybe every 3 to 4 days, but there was one 3 day period that I took one daily dose of .25 for three days in a row. Something felt off and I knew I had reached tolerance.  No longer working the same. Primary and PA at psych office told me to just quit. Or just increase dose.  I never did. Both refused to switch me to diazapam. I researched and decided to taper early January.

Avg pill weight 0.060g, half 0.030g.  Started with 10 percent cut.   0.027 divided into two daily doses of 0.0135g.  I've been cutting 0.001 g every week to 10 days. Have symptoms which have worsened but am able to care for myself but need to rest, lie down part of day. Still going for daily walk and occasional trip to store if up to it. Wanted to get off fairly fast as I'm a short time user at a low dose. Am currently at 0.006gm twice a day and have just in the last few days felt worse.  I want to wrap this up fairly soon. What gram dose would you recommend I jump from. 

My current symptoms are skin burning, muscle tension, balance dizzy issues as worst symptoms. A plethora of other annoying symptoms. Sleep is 2-3 hours or zero depending on night. Need some help as I'm very much alone in this as no one believes that my low infrequent dose can cause these kind of symptoms.  Not going back to doctors for a very long time. Thank for your input. 

Urbkim

[03...]
4 hours ago, [[u...] said:

Am currently at 0.006gm twice a day

Hi, is this the actual dose you are taking? 0.006mg twice a day?

I need to make sure is not a typo.

Thanks 

[El...]

The suggested jump off dose of Lorazapam is, I believe, 0.05 mg.  If you have 0.5 mg tablets that weigh 0.06 grams, you would need to be taking 0.006 grams per day (0.003 grams two times per day if you dose twice a day) to be equivalent to 0.05 grams.

Hope that is helpful.

[Li...]

@[ur...]

I see you have two threads on this forum.  Just to make sure we’re all on the same page, would you please answer the first question in the post below:

Am I understanding correctly that your current dose is 0.012 gm of a half-pill that weighs 0.30 gm and contains 0.25 mg of lorazepam?

[ur...]

Yes, current dose is 0.012 grams.  Started with .25mg dose of .5 tablet.  .25mg dose weighs 0.30 grams.

[ur...]

Thank you EllieM!  I took your suggestion of doing a 0.001gm cut each time. I feel each cut as well. How is your taper going?

[Fo...]
2 hours ago, [[u...] said:

Yes, current dose is 0.012 grams.  Started with .25mg dose of .5 tablet.  .25mg dose weighs 0.30 grams.

In your first post you said half a pill weighs 0.03 g .You're being very confusing. Also if your current dose is 0.012 mg of lorazepam, this is equivalent of about 0.1mg of diazepam. A safe dose to just stop. Although due to the confusing nature of your information I'm not really sure what's going on. If you clarify correctly, I will help you.

[ur...]

If you reread it again, you'll see I wrote 0.030g.  And my current dose is 0.012g. Grams not milligrams.

But thanks Foolishboy for responding, anyway.

[03...]
8 hours ago, [[u...] said:

Correction 0.012 grams per day

Sorry, i missunderstood. I thought you were talking about the dose in miligrams 

[Fo...]
7 hours ago, [[u...] said:

You wrote 0.030g did you?  Not according to what I've just quoted from you. Forget about  any weights of tablets for now. How many mg of lorazepam are you currently taking daily?

[bd...]