Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

the charity 360 in the uk were useless

[bu...]

I was hopeful that I would have extra support from this charity I found through the Benzo coalition. they called me back today to tell me they would take me on as a client. They told me I could only be a client if I swapped over to Diazipam and then cut a qtr at a time, which I told them is way too fast for me , I know my body. I told them I can't take Diazepam as it makes me too ill, and they then told me people do not get off Lorazepam unless they switch over. they also told me water titration does not work, and they don't use that method. My gut told me there was no way I wanted their help, and I will listen to my gut and stick to coming here and talking to my Benzo friends.

I can't believe a woman had the idiot thought to tell someone they cannot get off Lorezepam and that most people don't get off it. talk about trying to scare someone.  All the money they make off people for charity, and they are clueless and pushy. This only makes me more determined to heal and help others since the help out there is SHIT

thats my rant over 

[Pi...]

Was this Postcript 360? If so they are absolutely dreadful. There was a wonderful charity in the UK who were so very very good to me last year called the Bristol Tranquilliser Project but they had their funding withdrawn and so they closed and people were directed to Postscript 360. I phoned them a few times as I was so desperate - I still am sadly - and they told me that after a few months I couldn’t possibly still be in withdrawal and needed to seek help and medication for my ‘depression’ . They completely gaslit me and so I would avoid them. At 15 months off, I am still in deep deep trouble.

[Ka...]

@[bu...] hello @[Pi...] 

I’m going to add my experience of postscript 360. I did post on another thread about it.

I was assessed by phone last year. I then had a callback that turned me down - main reason being advised I was not in the area. This doesn’t stack up per their website. My overall situation was regarded as too complex. However, I think in retrospect it was a blessing. Something did not feel right. I would be wary of anyone else seeking their service particularly given these 2 negative views. It is a charity yet, once assessed & accepted, i believe it costs a set monthly amount to receive their input/support. 
I am really bothered by the lack of knowledge that is coming across & I fear they are not adequately trained in what they are doing. This might only lead to the wrong pathway.
Sadly, the excellent BTP - Bristol Tranquilliser Project closed. 
This does leave a huge gap at least here in the UK. 

I truly believe we have resources ourselves via Ashton, Maudsley Deprescribing Guidelines etc & the tremendous help from BB & others. 

Edited by [Ka...]
Context

[bu...]
18 hours ago, [[K...] said:

@[bu...] hello @[Pi...] 

I’m going to add my experience of postscript 360. I did post on another thread about it.

I was assessed by phone last year. I then had a callback that turned me down - main reason being advised I was not in the area. This doesn’t stack up per their website. My overall situation was regarded as too complex. However, I think in retrospect it was a blessing. Something did not feel right. I would be wary of anyone else seeking their service particularly given these 2 negative views. It is a charity yet, once assessed & accepted, i believe it costs a set monthly amount to receive their input/support. 
I am really bothered by the lack of knowledge that is coming across & I fear they are not adequately trained in what they are doing. This might only lead to the wrong pathway.
Sadly, the excellent BTP - Bristol Tranquilliser Project closed. 
This does leave a huge gap at least here in the UK. 

I truly believe we have resources ourselves via Ashton, Maudsley Deprescribing Guidelines etc & the tremendous help from BB & others. 

thanks for sharing, im sorry you too had a not so nice experience with them. My gut felt awful talking to the woman and that is always a sign my inner wisdom is saying nope!! the fact she believed you cant taper off any drug without switching is wrong, so they only work with so called knowledge of diazipam. nope they have a strict protocol that they likely made up. this is dangerous. If i had not known already how diazipam makes me feel i may have tried and ended up in a worse situation all because she guaranteed me ( know one has that power) it would be fine. Stay away people

[Ka...]

Sorry for your experience too. I was declined so didn’t get to discuss strategies etc. We have to do our own due diligence & trust our instinct. 

[Sa...]

Wow. I am truly shocked to hear these opinions, I have been with Postscript coming up to 4 months now. I too was on lorazepam and Postscript did a gentle switch over to diazepam. I can only speak from my own personal experience with them but with them I feel more in control, my anxiety has lessened and the knowledge they have is second to none. The practitioner I'm working with is patient, kind and believes in me. 

There is so little support out there for people in our situation it really saddens to read these unhelpful comments. 

[Ka...]

Hello @[Sa...] & welcome to BB 

For avoidance of doubt my “opinion” or “unhelpful comments” were a true account of my own personal experience. It is written in a measured way & I was extremely careful with my choice of words. 
It is good and positive you have found the postscript 360 service of benefit. For balance this is important. I’ve no reason to diss a charity that has an objective to assist with tapering. 

In reaching out for assistance we are vulnerable, learning & frequently very unwell. I have written candidly as I find. I am not a negative person but articulate & always looking for the good in people. We have to undertake due diligence & on the 2 phone calls I had there were misgivings. 
I wish you well for your successful taper. This community is terrific for supporting one another & sharing info as we are at different stages in this benzo journey. 

Edited by [Ka...]
grammar

[Sa...]

Thanks for your reply @[Ka...] and for your welcome!

What you say is true about being vulnerable when reaching out and I'm sorry that your experience was not as positive as mine has been. I will keep BB posted with my progress and the service I receive from postscript :)