Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Please help

[CM...]

I am 4 years out. I had a set back 3 months ago that was severe. I had no choice but to take Lexapro 4.5 weeks ago. Only took it for 3 days and stopped. Along with Benadryl and 1 hydroxezine. 

I am in a crisis. My mast cell and histamine is unbearable. I am dying. I don’t know what to do. I need to take something and I don’t know what to take. Please help. 

Edited by [CM...]

[Re...]
3 hours ago, [[C...] said:

I am 4 years out. I had a set back 3 months ago that was severe. I had no choice but to take Lexapro 4.5 weeks ago. Only took it for 3 days and stopped. Along with Benadryl and 1 hydroxezine. 

I am in a crisis. My mast cell and histamine is unbearable. I am dying. I don’t know what to do. I need to take something and I don’t know what to take. Please help. 

Can you elaborate on what caused the setback three months ago?

• 2 weeks later...

I think the meds are not helping as your nervous system is already very very sensitive . The magnesium you took in January may have caused a setback and setbacks can be worse than acute. I’m right there with you I pray that this ends soon for you . @[CM...]

• 3 weeks later...
[Ya...]
On 08/04/2024 at 16:56, [[C...] said:

I'm in a setback too due to supplements (magnesium and b12 and vitamin D) not sure which caused what , I feel u . This is part of recovery that is different than the wave and window pattern for me . Im not having any windows so far but I know that we all heal and don't become so sensitive to food n supplements for ever. Our systems are still very fragile . Before for the histamine issues I used to take antihistamine and somehow helped specially with the intense Itching but in this setback rules are different and antihistamines for me increased anxiety. Not sure . But it will pass like any other wave but takes time. 

I believe magnesium acts like a benzo and thus taking it for people like us where the gabaergic system is v sensitive causes the withdrawals symtpms to appear again.