Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

For those who are in tolerance

[Ra...]

Hi everyone 

I am using 0.5mg kolonopin from prevoius 8 months. I feel like i have withdrawals from tolerance.  those who are in tolerance ,Can share their symptoms?? I will be very thankfull 

[Bu...]

Hi @[Ra...],

I am curious to hear of other people's experiences regarding tolerance, too.  I think I was in it for a very long time, but I'm not sure.  I was just generally sick a lot.  Had headaches, dizziness, nausea, muscle and joint pain, insomnia and strange neurological sensations.

What are you feeling that makes you suspect that you are in tolerance?

• Like 1

[ns...]

Hi Rebecca and BurnTheShips  

I my experience with tolerance is first that I needed to take more to get relief. Then the medicine didn't do anything. Then horrible anxiety symptoms and panic attacks came and I couldn't get relief. The symptoms were anxiety, irritability, frustration. 

The muscle squeezing, spasms, stinging, tingling and numbness along with the neurological symptoms came once I started tapering which was a forced taper and much too fast. I didn't know what any of it was at the time so looking back, knowing what I know now, I was having serious withdrawal symptoms. 

When I reinstated I think 3 yrs later I don't remember, but I only had partial relief and that only lasted about 3 months. I tried upping my pills but that only gave me a short period of relief. Then I was in a paradoxical reaction situation and had to taper which I'm still doing now. So those neurological symptoms are with me everyday as well as the muscle squeezing symptoms and chemical anxiety. 

Ns

• Love 1

[Ra...]
On 09/04/2024 at 08:49, [[B...] said:

Hi @[Ra...],What are you feeling that makes you suspect that you are in tolerance?

@[Bu...] i feel good only for few hours after taking my dose. Rest of time i feel bad withdrawals symptoms. 

[Ra...]
On 09/04/2024 at 10:13, [[n...] said:

Hi Rebecca and BurnTheShips  

I my experience with tolerance is first that I needed to take more to get relief. Then the medicine didn't do anything. Then horrible anxiety symptoms and panic attacks came and I couldn't get relief. The symptoms were anxiety, irritability, frustration. 

The muscle squeezing, spasms, stinging, tingling and numbness along with the neurological symptoms came once I started tapering which was a forced taper and much too fast. I didn't know what any of it was at the time so looking back, knowing what I know now, I was having serious withdrawal symptoms. 

When I reinstated I think 3 yrs later I don't remember, but I only had partial relief and that only lasted about 3 months. I tried upping my pills but that only gave me a short period of relief. Then I was in a paradoxical reaction situation and had to taper which I'm still doing now. So those neurological symptoms are with me everyday as well as the muscle squeezing symptoms and chemical anxiety. 

Ns

@[ns...] thank you so much for sharing your experience. 

I have one question, how can we figure out that our drug giving us paradoxical reaction??? 

[ns...]
8 hours ago, [[R...] said:

@[ns...] thank you so much for sharing your experience. 

I have one question, how can we figure out that our drug giving us paradoxical reaction??? 

Paradoxical reaction is an opposite effect to the drug. Instead of for example relief from anxiety, I get anxiety, panic attacks, muscle spasms, tension when I take the benzo. 

I've done research on this and a doctor has not confirmed this. You can find it online, just ask what is a paradoxical reaction to benzodiazepine. 

Hope this helps 

Take care 

Ns

• Love 1