Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Polydrugged 7 months off

[it...]

Hey guys,

I lost my hope a little bit, last year i come off xanas which gave me horrible WD after this the dok tried to heal me with diff meds, he tought it was anxiety but before the xanas i didnt have anxiety only panick attacks. I was very healthy. The WD of xanax give me horrible symptoms floaty boaty dizziness, DPDR, anxiety. I never heard of WD so he put me on a ssri and lamictal, i didnt like the ssri so i quit after 6 weeks and he put me on higher dose of the lamictal (100) mg but this was to high so i went down to 25, but me problems still where present so he put me on low doses buspar after this wellbutrin which made me worse, especially the wellbutrin, so i stopped that and he put me on valium i difnt take it everyday couple times a week. In september i quit all those meds and since then hell broke lose. The pressure in my head is insane, my brain is so swollen, my nerves feels compressed which gives me all kind of weird symptoms, i have a lot of movement inside my body still have bad dpdr feelings are numb, brain cant handdle nois at all. But this head pressure is killing me the most. It never gets better. And my brain is always in terror state and my brain has this magnet pulling sensation. The top part of my brain feels so damaged. Had a mri showed nothing did a quueg showed on the right side much and low activity. I try my best to keep on with life. I do volunteers work 4 motnings in the week cuz i cant work.

Edited by [it...]

[Re...]

Hello @[it...]. As I was reading your post I occurred to me that the symptoms you have been experiencing are very similar to mine. I am really sorry you have to go through this and I can truly relate to your struggles.

I have taken almost all the medications you took to help with tolerance symptoms to Xanax. It is incredible how deeply these medications alter our brain chemistry and for how long, right? I have been off for almost 10 months (after 12 years of taking it), I have the same head pressure today - feels swollen, and two sided tinnitus, light dizziness with nausea. 

I applaud you for doing volunteer's work, wow, it is incredible! I am so encouraged by people who are truly productive going through this! I hope you and I will both get relief from these symptoms and can go back living the life we want as soon as possible! 

Please, however, remember to be gentle to yourself until you get there.

Take care 

• Like 1

[Re...]
8 hours ago, [[i...] said:

Hey guys,

I lost my hope a little bit, last year i come off xanas which gave me horrible WD after this the dok tried to heal me with diff meds, he tought it was anxiety but before the xanas i didnt have anxiety only panick attacks. I was very healthy. The WD of xanax give me horrible symptoms floaty boaty dizziness, DPDR, anxiety. I never heard of WD so he put me on a ssri and lamictal, i didnt like the ssri so i quit after 6 weeks and he put me on higher dose of the lamictal (100) mg but this was to high so i went down to 25, but me problems still where present so he put me on low doses buspar after this wellbutrin which made me worse, especially the wellbutrin, so i stopped that and he put me on valium i difnt take it everyday couple times a week. In september i quit all those meds and since then hell broke lose. The pressure in my head is insane, my brain is so swollen, my nerves feels compressed which gives me all kind of weird symptoms, i have a lot of movement inside my body still have bad dpdr feelings are numb, brain cant handdle nois at all. But this head pressure is killing me the most. It never gets better. And my brain is always in terror state and my brain has this magnet pulling sensation. The top part of my brain feels so damaged. Had a mri showed nothing did a quueg showed on the right side much and low activity. I try my best to keep on with life. I do volunteers work 4 motnings in the week cuz i cant work.

We hear you. Many of us here have a similar story and symptoms. I am so sorry this is happening to you. Have you been to any of the withdrawal coach's groups to meet other people who can support you while you heal and give you important information on protecting your health moving forward?

• 2 months later...
[Wi...]

I have the magnet pulling too. Plus the pressure is also down my neck into my shoulders and chest. Sometimes spreads. Awful symptom. My head pressure comes with a lot of nerve pain in the head area.

[Ja...]

It’s so easy to look for comfort from other medications when going through this,I’ve been in the same boat this last 2 week,.totally at my wits end wanting some normality 

somebody warned me years ago to stay away from doctors medications,.I wish I’d listened,it’s a slippery slope to get out of

• Like 1

[So...]

It sounds like you may have some akathisia, it will get better but just stay as calm as possible and don't keep messing with meds if you can help it ❤️

I have very similar symptoms as you and got off around the same time so I really understand, but it will get better.  Feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to and I will pray for your comfort and healing 🙏