Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Weird withdrawal symptoms.

[Es...]

Im having some really weird wd symptoms. Anyone else?

Im having bad insomnia due to wd...at times I feel like I'm going to pass out due to lack of sleep..funny thing though, a couple hours later, the fatigue is gone and don't really feel tired anymore even if I don't sleep or get any rest.0.0?

Also, at random times, my skin feels itchy and hot, i scratch it and it looks red and feels cool...

Actually..what I should be asking is, are these all signs that my brain is healing?...

Oh and also last week..i was feeling horrible due to insomnia and bodily pain etc, and then all of a sudden ( for a very short period of time, maybe for 30 minutes, the insomnia pain and bodily pain pretty much disappeared and i felt 90% better..and then after that timeframe the pain came back...)

I would really appreciate if someone here can confirm if these are signs that my brain is healing....? 

Thanks...=)

[Bu...]

Hey @[Es...],

I believe these are all signs that your brain is sorting itself out and healing.  I think of my brain as a circuit breaker box that has been messed with.  All the wires are still there, they are just in the wrong places and some have been disconnected.  And as it is being rewired, sometimes things get put in the wrong spots a couple times until it lands in the right spot.  I think of the symptoms as the results of the sort of "trial and error" of the rewiring.  But it's a good sign.  It means progress is happening, even though it really hurts sometimes.  Maybe that sounds a little silly, but it helps me when things are really rough.

I've had every one of those symptoms that you mentioned. Actually, I've cycled through them all a few times and each time they come back they are either less severe or don't last as long as the previous time.

Hang in there.  I really think healing is happening.

• Love 1

On 08/04/2024 at 05:19, [[B...] said:

Hey @[Es...],

I believe these are all signs that your brain is sorting itself out and healing.  I think of my brain as a circuit breaker box that has been messed with.  All the wires are still there, they are just in the wrong places and some have been disconnected.  And as it is being rewired, sometimes things get put in the wrong spots a couple times until it lands in the right spot.  I think of the symptoms as the results of the sort of "trial and error" of the rewiring.  But it's a good sign.  It means progress is happening, even though it really hurts sometimes.  Maybe that sounds a little silly, but it helps me when things are really rough.

I've had every one of those symptoms that you mentioned. Actually, I've cycled through them all a few times and each time they come back they are either less severe or don't last as long as the previous time.

Hang in there.  I really think healing is happening.

This was so helpful! I just understood waves and windows better now, and realised how my symptoms lately, fit into that.  Thank you!

• Like 1

[Bu...]

@[...],

I'm really glad it helped you. :) How are you feeling these days?  Are you dealing with some of the same issues that Estelle mentioned?

14 hours ago, [[B...] said:

@[...],

I'm really glad it helped you. :) How are you feeling these days?  Are you dealing with some of the same issues that Estelle mentioned?

Thank you for asking.  I have just had a window of more than a week, and while it felt discouraging when it stopped, I remind myself that there are many symptoms which are gone now. And that this first window is a sign of healing. 

Yes, I often feel less tired in the evening after a long day of feeling tired. So odd.

I remember that in the beginning my skin also felt really weird; warm, cold, itchy, numbness. Except for hot flashes that is gone now. 

I think some of it had to do with lack of sleep which is known to mess up temperature regulation. But it also felt like my body was attempting to figure out to properly regulate again. 

[Bu...]

@[...],

I'm sorry the window ended, but so happy you had one!  I think your right about the lack of sleep and temperature.  I wonder how many other things are direct results of that?  Everything feels so much better after a good night.