Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Joint pain & Popping sound. Is it a WD?

[da...]

The joint pain & popping sounds are the most annoying WD bothering me. It started on my left hip joint, but it spread to all my body joint recently. The popping sound happened almost every movement. It is so disturbing.

Even though I had a relative good day, the joint pain & popping sounds just flares up my anxiety and caused insomnia. It worsen other WDs. It is the main issue for me.

I have never faced anything like that before tapering. And I shouldn't have that issue because I am 20s and still very young. Is it a WD? Did anyone related to this issue? What should I do to improve it?

-Dav

Edited by [da...]

[Bu...]

Hi @[da...],

Yeah, I've got that one too.  It is mainly in my hips and toes, but flairs up in other joins as well.  I take Aleve when the pain part is too much and it helps a lot, so I guess it must have something to do with inflammation.  Like all my other withdrawal symptoms it comes in windows and waves. 

Does yours ever let up?

[Re...]
3 hours ago, [[d...] said:

The joint pain & popping sounds are the most annoying WD bothering me. It started on my left hip joint, but it spread to all my body joint recently. The popping sound happened almost every movement. It is so disturbing.

Even though I had a relative good day, the joint pain & popping sounds just flares up my anxiety and caused insomnia. It worsen other WDs. It is the main issue for me.

I have never faced anything like that before tapering. And I shouldn't have that issue because I am 20s and still very young. Is it a WD? Did anyone related to this issue? What should I do to improve it?

-Dav

Think Occam's razor -- presume anything you did not have before this but have now is related to the drug or withdrawal from it. Symptoms do not discriminate based on age. No matter how old or young you are, they can be similar and they can and do heal.

The symptoms heal for the majority of people within 6-18 months of being off of everything. This is a generalization only because people tend to be taking or using other substances that they don't realize effect this timeline.

An anti-inflammatory diet that omits offenders like nightshade vegetables, dairy, gluten, and caffeine can be a useful tool for muscle and joint symptoms.

You are not alone and we are here to help you.

[da...]

@[Bu...] @[Re...]

The joint pain started on Jan 2024 and never leave since then. I didn't take any pain killer. The pain is still barely bearable but still kind of disturbing.

I went to a Physiotherapy and it didn't improve much. But I can tell the exercises from my Physio do strengthen my muscle.

So I am curious if the pain is indeed my own issue, or is it a WD that many buddies will face.

[Bu...]

@[da...],

I think it is a fairly common withdrawal symptoms  And that @[Re...] is right, if you didn't have it before, it is most likely withdrawal.  Also, if you are under the care of a Physiotherapist, then I would imagine that means that this has been checked for other causes.  I think time is probably going to be the healer here, as with so many of our other issues.  Of course, we can do things to "stack the deck" so to speak, such as your therapy and eating well, etc. :) 

• Like 1

[da...]

@[Bu...] Thanks for the reassuring words. 
I used to be sporty and the joint pain stopped me from hiking. I was worried that the pain will stay with me and I can't do sports anymore. So I went to the Physio last month. I did plenty of checkings but the Physio still can't tell/conclude a cause of the pain. And the Physio exercises didn't relief the pain by much. 

Nonetheless, I still walk outside for 30mins everyday to keep myself fit. And some stretching, just to prevent things getting worse.

Maybe I should let time(and my body) to do its job.

• Like 1