Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Does this get harder as you get lower into your taper

[An...]

This taper is starting to feel like cold turkey, I have cold turkey before and had to reinstate last year and this 1.25 mg diazepam cut feels like cold turkey I am on 13.75 mgs diazapem from 75mgs of diazepam in 1 year I was doing a lot better before my last 1.25mgs cut 

[c9...]
6 hours ago, [[A...] said:

This taper is starting to feel like cold turkey, I have cold turkey before and had to reinstate last year and this 1.25 mg diazepam cut feels like cold turkey I am on 13.75 mgs diazapem from 75mgs of diazepam in 1 year I was doing a lot better before my last 1.25mgs cut 

Hi, 

If this last dose has hit you harder than the last ones, it means sonething is not right, maybe going too fast, maybe cuts too big, but your body is not catching up. I would stop cutting till you stabilize and then resumen the taper.

Edited by Guest

[Ch...]
18 hours ago, [[A...] said:

At roughly that dose, I slowed down to cutting only .5mg every 14th day. Slow down...

• Love 1

[An...]
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, [[C...] said:

At roughly that dose, I slowed down to cutting only .5mg every 14th day. Slow down...

Yes I really want to slow down but I can only get 5mg diazepam and I’m unsure on how to cut a 5mg pill into 0.5mgs pills  

Edited by [An...]

[c9...]
7 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Yes I really want to slow down but I can only get 5mg diazepam and I’m unsure on how to cut a 5mg pill into 0.5mgs pills  

Its a pain in the ass but eventually you will have to play alchemist and go micro dry or liquid taper, that means getting a scale or do water+medicine mix to be able to make smaller cuts.

Is a hassle but this nightmare includes a lot of mathematics and try different methods. You can never do it right without many failures.

[ns...]
10 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Annoymous1234, do you hsve a scale and a file?

You use a pill splitter and cut then and weigh and shave. It's going to be a hassle with 5mg but you can do it. Or, you could get a pestle and grind then to powder, weighing your doses and fill capsules for storing them. 

I hope this helps

Ns

[An...]
20 hours ago, [[n...] said:

Annoymous1234, do you hsve a scale and a file?

You use a pill splitter and cut then and weigh and shave. It's going to be a hassle with 5mg but you can do it. Or, you could get a pestle and grind then to powder, weighing your doses and fill capsules for storing them. 

I hope this helps

Ns

Okay yes thank you so much. I will figure out how to weigh the tablets I purchase a scale just struggling to use. Will look on YouTube thank you so much 

[ns...]
21 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Okay yes thank you so much. I will figure out how to weigh the tablets I purchase a scale just struggling to use. Will look on YouTube thank you so much 

Do you need a ink for a scale. 

Once you get it. Post asking for help with tapering ok

I or anyone here can help u with weighing and help u set up a taper plan and schedule Ok. Try not to stress, we'll help you with this ok

Here's a link for a file and scale 

Please don't use a cheap Nail file. They have a substance on them that comes off during filing.

Talk to you soon 

take care

Lobodt Stainless Steel Nail File, Double-Sided Nail File, Metal Nail File, Reusable Natural Nail Art File, Nail Art Tool, Home Salon or Travel Mini Nail File Suitable for Both Men and Women 
https://a.co/d/ajTLJBi

Smart Weigh GEM20-20g x 0.001 grams, High Precision Digital Milligram Jewelry Scale, Reloading, Jewelry and Gems Scale, Calibration Weights and Tweezers Included 
https://a.co/d/4jmoRf8

[An...]
2 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Do you need a ink for a scale. 

Once you get it. Post asking for help with tapering ok

I or anyone here can help u with weighing and help u set up a taper plan and schedule Ok. Try not to stress, we'll help you with this ok

Here's a link for a file and scale 

Please don't use a cheap Nail file. They have a substance on them that comes off during filing.

Talk to you soon 

take care

Lobodt Stainless Steel Nail File, Double-Sided Nail File, Metal Nail File, Reusable Natural Nail Art File, Nail Art Tool, Home Salon or Travel Mini Nail File Suitable for Both Men and Women 
https://a.co/d/ajTLJBi

Smart Weigh GEM20-20g x 0.001 grams, High Precision Digital Milligram Jewelry Scale, Reloading, Jewelry and Gems Scale, Calibration Weights and Tweezers Included 
https://a.co/d/4jmoRf8

I ordered a scale I will private message you I can’t thank you enough 🥹❤️

[ns...]
4 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

I ordered a scale I will private message you I can’t thank you enough 🥹❤️

Annoymous1234, hi

Glad you ordered your scale. 

You should probably get a file as well. 

Once you receive your scale, come back here and I or others here can assist you ok

try not to focus on your symptoms ok

I know it's difficult but the more you focus the more these symptoms dig in it seems 

Try to distract yourself, keep your hands and mind busy. It's going to be ok, I know it doesn't feel like it right now but your going to be ok and there's lots of help here.

Probably be a good idea to make a thread on benzodiazepines withdrawal where you will have more exposure for other members here to offer to assist and share their experiences ok

Take care 

Talk to you soon ok

Ns

[Li...]

Hello @[An...]. As @[Br...] noted in her reply to the new topic you created, we ask that members create and use only one topic (thread) for taper process planning.  This makes it much easier for other members to follow your taper journey and provide support.

Two comments about taper process planning threads:

1. When you add a new you post to your thread, it will be bumped to the top of the forum so others will know it contains new content.
  2. You can change the title of your thread by clicking the meatball menu (three dots in the upper right corner) of the first post in your thread.  For example, in your case, you could change the title to “75mg diazepam taper”.

It would be helpful if you would provide us with an outline of your taper history (the dates when you made reductions and your total daily dose on those dates).  For example, you could replace the XXs below with the correct dates and then add the dates and doses for your other reductions:

April XX 2023 - 75mgs diazepam
May XX 2023 - 15mgs
April XX 2024 - 13.75mgs; symptoms spiked

Finally, below is your latest post.  It sounds like the last 1.25mg reduction in dose may have been too large for you. In your shoes, I would consider increasing my dose back to 15mgs, holding at that dose until I stabilized, and then trialing a smaller reduction (e.g. 0.5mg). 

I have been tapering from 75mgs diazepam over the course of a year. My last cut 1.25 mgs has been horror. I have so many spiked symptoms I just want to feel normal again I’m a shell of myself I don’t sleep I don’t eat: contemplating on knocking myself out with sleeping pills and thc oil until this is over. It’s been 3 weeks since my cut and there is no way I can cut again should I go back up and hold the dose of 15mgs for longer I’m unsure what to do

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[An...]
6 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Hello @[An...]. As @[Br...] noted in her reply to the new topic you created, we ask that members create and use only one topic (thread) for taper process planning.  This makes it much easier for other members to follow your taper journey and provide support.

Two comments about taper process planning threads:

1. When you add a new you post to your thread, it will be bumped to the top of the forum so others will know it contains new content.
  2. You can change the title of your thread by clicking the meatball menu (three dots in the upper right corner) of the first post in your thread.  For example, in your case, you could change the title to “75mg diazepam taper”.

It would be helpful if you would provide us with an outline of your taper history (the dates when you made reductions and your total daily dose on those dates).  For example, you could replace the XXs below with the correct dates and then add the dates and doses for your other reductions:

April XX 2023 - 75mgs diazepam
May XX 2023 - 15mgs
April XX 2024 - 13.75mgs; symptoms spiked

Finally, below is your latest post.  It sounds like the last 1.25mg reduction in dose may have been too large for you. In your shoes, I would consider increasing my dose back to 15mgs, holding at that dose until I stabilized, and then trialing a smaller reduction (e.g. 0.5mg). 

Hey yes I understand thank you so much. I’m sorry about that: I am struggling to cut my 5mgs pills into 0.5mg I am struggling with the scale and shaving the pill I will try and ask my doctor for 2mg pills diazepam to make the cut easier your right it’s too fast