Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help please!

[Pi...]

I’m an older person who was forced to do a rapid taper and have been off for 15 months. I have so many intense unrelenting symptoms, am still couch bound and am utterly terrified that my body won’t survive this. I am alone and suffering so much. Is it normal not to have had any windows this far out? I was such a healthy happy and energetic person before this and now I feel as if I’ve lost everything and won’t recover. Thank you 

• Like 1

[WU...]

It don't think it makes any difference being an "older person". I think it is to do with how rapid the drug has been removed. I am a bit behind you at 13 months and a week after CT. Don't have windows either, just bad and even worse days and have been holed up in the house the whole time with only a few short walks a couple of months ago. It is possible we get worse before we get better. I'm holding on to that idea anyway.  

What symptoms do you have? Mine are predominately head symptoms. What else can we do until our brain sorts things out, just endure and try to find one thing every day to put a smile on our face.

• Like 1

[Pi...]

Thank you so much for replying! I have terrible insomnia, deafening tinnitus, head and neck pain, burning and vibrating, pain in feet, terror, crushing depression, vision problems, benzo belly and terrible weakness and heaviness in my body plus others. I feel so overwhelmed that I haven’t seen any improvements yet and it makes me so frightened for the future.

[PE...]
1 hour ago, [[P...] said:

Thank you so much for replying! I have terrible insomnia, deafening tinnitus, head and neck pain, burning and vibrating, pain in feet, terror, crushing depression, vision problems, benzo belly and terrible weakness and heaviness in my body plus others. I feel so overwhelmed that I haven’t seen any improvements yet and it makes me so frightened for the future.

Your symptoms are very common!

There are many older members here on BB and you fit just perfect here.

Welcome to benzobuddies:)

[WU...]

You've certainly got a whole list of symptoms, all very normal in this process but we are new to all this so the symptoms seem very abnormal and that is where the fear comes in. Just try to settle in for a bumpy ride with unknown duration and just let the body do whatever it wants with no resistance, then maybe we can get the fear to subside.  I'm convinced dropping the fear is half the battle.

[St...]

Know that you are not alone.. We are here with you. Fighting alongside you.. Keep going, you can do this! 

I wish you strength and healing 🙏