Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Need some help

[Fa...]

Hello guys, it's been about 40 days since I stopped xanax, is it normal to feel like nothing makes you happy? Like nothing makes sense, my symptoms are strong, palpitations dpr-dr, depression and a lot of anxiety, also some agoraphobia and a feeling of hopelessness, I've lost weight too, my appetite is very little, thanks for your answers!

[Re...]

Hello @[Fa...], I can remember that state of mind all too well as it had been not so long ago for me. I now it is extremely challenging. Unfortunately, it is absolutely normal and consistent with benzo withdrawal. Please be patient with yourself, and try to find anything that gets your attention in a neutral or positive way. I remember I was listening to podcasts and playing sudoku to calm my mind. There are many useful videos /voice memos out there, those are ideal I think. 

Please just hang in there, it is really going to get gradually better, but it is a slow process. 

Many hugs to you @[Fa...]

• Like 4

[ns...]
2 hours ago, [[F...] said:

Hello guys, it's been about 40 days since I stopped xanax, is it normal to feel like nothing makes you happy? Like nothing makes sense, my symptoms are strong, palpitations dpr-dr, depression and a lot of anxiety, also some agoraphobia and a feeling of hopelessness, I've lost weight too, my appetite is very little, thanks for your answers!

Facundo, 

Sounds like your having some anxiety!

I agree ReubenRalph, this is pretty normal from what I've noticed in other posts. 

I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks and I've found some tools to help me. 

Breathing techniques, distraction, keeping my hands and mind busy abd sitting still without moving helps also. Sitting still helps to ground me. I can come back to reality here. This shows me thar I'm ok, that I'm having anxiety and there's not something else going on thar will hurt me. 

I tell myself I'm safe, I'm uncomfortable but I'll be ok

Then I watch trey Jones anxiety on YouTube and therapy in a nutshell with Emma on YouTube. Both ate excellent!

Trey Jones had health anxiety, panic disorder, ocd, ptsd, and cardaphobia.

He overcame all if this! He shares how to deal with these symptoms as well as how to get through the and how to beat them!

You don't have to subscribe, I just watch and it's amazing how much he helps me!

I hope you'll ck out these tools and they help you, I know they've helped many!

Take care

Ns

• Love 1

[Re...]
6 hours ago, [[F...] said:

@[Fa...] What you describe is extremely common. 40 days is not long in the world of benzos. It should all go away over time. Just hang in there. I had all the symptoms you listed and many are completely gone now 18 months off. I was polydrugged though so my case was complicated. People typically fully recover from benzo damage between 6-18 months off.

Edited by [Re...]

[Fa...]
16 hours ago, [[R...] said:

Hello @[Fa...], I can remember that state of mind all too well as it had been not so long ago for me. I now it is extremely challenging. Unfortunately, it is absolutely normal and consistent with benzo withdrawal. Please be patient with yourself, and try to find anything that gets your attention in a neutral or positive way. I remember I was listening to podcasts and playing sudoku to calm my mind. There are many useful videos /voice memos out there, those are ideal I think. 

Please just hang in there, it is really going to get gradually better, but it is a slow process. 

Many hugs to you @[Fa...]

thank you so much ! It's good to know I'm not alone in this, thanks for your advice! does everything go back to normal after a while? your personality, appetite etc?

[Fa...]
10 hours ago, [[R...] said:

@[Fa...] What you describe is extremely common. 40 days is not long in the world of benzos. It should all go away over time. Just hang in there. I had all the symptoms you listed and many are completely gone now 18 months off. I was polydrugged though so my case was complicated. People typically fully recover from benzo damage between 6-18 months off.

I'm so glad you're okay! I have read that recovery takes a while, I took this pill for 3 months, does it have any influence on the recovery time? Thank you so much

• Like 1

[Re...]

@[Fa...] Yes, as I read it on this site, the success stories and other sources: these symptoms all vanish over time, though it might take a while.

Different people have different approaches, some people are more affected than others. Some are able to "go out" a bit more, others are way too symptomatic to do so. Know your boundaries, your triggers and most importantly, know how to soothe yourself. You will find many techniques on this site how to do this in the thick of it. 

Hang in there and take very good care of yourself! 

• Like 1

[or...]
37 minutes ago, [[F...] said:

I'm so glad you're okay! I have read that recovery takes a while, I took this pill for 3 months, does it have any influence on the recovery time? Thank you so much

Hi Facundo,

I realize from my own experience, that it does depend on every individual.  I'm tapering from 1 mg of Clonazepam/Klonopin and I took it 35 years plus the year or so now that I've been doing a slow micro taper off 1 mg of C/K.  I'm 71 so I've taken things very slow because of a too fast taper, and, a cold turkey years ago.

I don't know what your taper was like, or if you did a cold-turkey.  Lots of folks here to help you with that though.

I've seen a lot of healing so far, and I truly believe in it, actually I believed it before I saw any thanks to others here that shared with me, the how-to's, and their experiences especially.  The windows and waves were talked about a lot, I remember the windows much more than the waves. 

I have gained so much quality of life, keep on going, and stick with us here.  It's a real blessing to have this site (the people here) that are our support group, oregonlady :hug:

[Re...]
3 hours ago, [[F...] said:

@[Fa...] Nobody can really say for sure.