Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What does calm feel like question for those who are

[bu...]

Its been 8 years since ive felt calm maybe longer. not all of it was related to benzos. I just cannot remember what sitting and feeling calm is like. i can be less anxious or just tense with other symptoms but never peaceful and relaxed. it must feel like bliss when it arrives in recovery? i would love to hear off those who it came too and was it exciting? : )

• Like 1

[PE...]

I'm 6 month off and experience calm once in a while :)

when feeling ok just sitting down and doing nothing. I guess that's being calm.

Yes, it was wonderful and surprising, like "Ooh??!!!") when i first realised my inner calmness was back. I happened to be doing the washing up at that moment, funny) It was the 9th month of the WD and I didn't experience the long forgotten sensation for 2.5 years prior to the moment. Ever since then i've been able to hold unpleasant or difficult arguments with people even if not feeling well. Yes, it's great)

• Like 1

[ns...]
4 hours ago, [[b...] said:

Its been 8 years since ive felt calm maybe longer. not all of it was related to benzos. I just cannot remember what sitting and feeling calm is like. i can be less anxious or just tense with other symptoms but never peaceful and relaxed. it must feel like bliss when it arrives in recovery? i would love to hear off those who it came too and was it exciting? : )

Hey, I think I experienced this just today and some yesterday, but it's been coming on gradually!

I've mentioned before that I've been feeling a sense of healing but of course not completely by far. 

But the calmness I'm feeling within is like the eye of a hurricane!

Usually the hurricane is inside me, tremors and shaking, spasms, you know all that tension thar builds and builds til we feel like we're going to break 

This inner calm, restful peace I'm feeling is everything other than those symptoms i mentioned above here.

I'm smiling, laughing alot lately, able to sleep, more confident! The difficult part is the inability to be physical. The storm is still raging on the outside making it hard for me to walk, clean my house and everything we take for granted. So that's the hard part, but the calm inside me is making life so much easier to live with the symptoms. 

My peace comes from a deep spiritual place that I wish I could share here but that's ok too.

To describe it from a flesh perspective, I think I've done that I guess.

Mostly, my mind is really clear lately and I'm loving it! I can think and be me in terms of my happy self. But, stress still overcomes me and anxiety takes over, panic attacks are still really strong but I know how to calm this down most of the time.

There are times when those attacks can literally floor me and tunnel vision really takes ahold. This is where I can now use this calm inside me and clarity of mind to grab ahold and come back to reality.

I'm loving this peaceful place and I hope it hangs around! Maybe I'm having my 1st window! A window that still keeps me from doing everyday tasks, but a window just the same and it's beautiful!

:balloon:

Ns

[bu...]
13 hours ago, [[n...] said:

Hey, I think I experienced this just today and some yesterday, but it's been coming on gradually!

I've mentioned before that I've been feeling a sense of healing but of course not completely by far. 

But the calmness I'm feeling within is like the eye of a hurricane!

Usually the hurricane is inside me, tremors and shaking, spasms, you know all that tension thar builds and builds til we feel like we're going to break 

This inner calm, restful peace I'm feeling is everything other than those symptoms i mentioned above here.

I'm smiling, laughing alot lately, able to sleep, more confident! The difficult part is the inability to be physical. The storm is still raging on the outside making it hard for me to walk, clean my house and everything we take for granted. So that's the hard part, but the calm inside me is making life so much easier to live with the symptoms. 

My peace comes from a deep spiritual place that I wish I could share here but that's ok too.

To describe it from a flesh perspective, I think I've done that I guess.

Mostly, my mind is really clear lately and I'm loving it! I can think and be me in terms of my happy self. But, stress still overcomes me and anxiety takes over, panic attacks are still really strong but I know how to calm this down most of the time.

There are times when those attacks can literally floor me and tunnel vision really takes ahold. This is where I can now use this calm inside me and clarity of mind to grab ahold and come back to reality.

I'm loving this peaceful place and I hope it hangs around! Maybe I'm having my 1st window! A window that still keeps me from doing everyday tasks, but a window just the same and it's beautiful!

:balloon:

Ns

wow that sounds great, i always think oh i could handle the symptoms if i had calm. I did experience it a few months ago for a few days but it never came back. its something i long for so much over anything else.

you are definately healing and im so pleased you have the peace to guide you through. i am spiritual too and it keeps me going

• Like 1

[re...]

You will be calm again I promise. The further away you are from higher doses of these neurotoxins and completely free of them,  the better you will be down the line. Lifestyle change on a complete 360 degree turnaround. Spirit, Nutrition, Movement and abstaining from negative, worldly, materialistic, money driven people will do wonders for your health and brain. BELEIVE ME!!!!!!!!!! Once again I promise you will heal in time.

For me it's odd. As I get to these lower doses (1mg val.)  I just woke up today feeling like so calm like I used to be way before all this medical emergency room disaster mini coma, status epilepticus shit from low salt in my blood from working in the Phoenix June heat. 

I have been having more and more mornings of this calm and I just hold onto it because I know the storm will rage again and my body and the tinnitus will come on and I will hate it. Some nights I wake up from my brief sleep cycles and feel sooooooooo calm and chill then I take the poison and get revved up for  like at least an hour before I crash again. Then if in a wave wake up terribly wound up with ringing and twitching , empty chest feeling. Oh I hate it so so much. 

I personally will never trust another medical "professional" again. It is my cross I have to bear. I have definitely suffered malpractice, but they are pretty bulletproof and can do or NOT do (which was my case initially cause of extreme delayed care and messing around I almost died) whatever they want and not be held accountable. The doctor initiated cold turkies I keep hearing about on this site is proof of that. The whole monster model of it is untouchable.   

Edited by [re...]

[re...]

If you really are looking for hope and inspiration please do yourself the justice of reading "The wahls protocol" This woman was in a WHEELCHAIR for heaven's sakes and took her health in her own hands and went against all the damn symptom management (they usually won't heal anyone cause it's not in their best interest) medical model after listening to them over and over again and not getting better. She miraculously had a remission in her symptoms after getting strict with major lifestyle changes. The biggest one being nutrition through extreme diet.