Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Need advice on how to taper off lorazepam 0.5 mg

[gf...]

Thanks Katrina, I'll will talk to my psychiatrist Monday for a slow tapering procedure. 

• Like 1

[gf...]

My psychiatrist started my tapering process with 0.4 ml this week and 0.35 next week and another 0.05 reduction each week if no bad WD. She had a compounding pharmacy make the liquid for me. I hope this works 🙏🙏🙏

• Like 1

[ns...]
22 minutes ago, [[g...] said:

My psychiatrist started my tapering process with 0.4 ml this week and 0.35 next week and another 0.05 reduction each week if no bad WD. She had a compounding pharmacy make the liquid for me. I hope this works 🙏🙏🙏

Hi gforce, that's good news! Glad you were able to get your doctor on board without interruption. 

I'm not familiar with liquid lorazepam so I won't be I any help regarding taper for you. Someone here im sure will stop by to assist if you have questions etc.

I'll be around if you need someone to talk to as will many others ok

Good luck to you gforce, I hope everything goes smoothly for you from here.

Take care 

Ns

• Like 1

[gf...]
1 minute ago, [[n...] said:

Hi gforce, that's good news! Glad you were able to get your doctor on board without interruption. 

I'm not familiar with liquid lorazepam so I won't be I any help regarding taper for you. Someone here im sure will stop by to assist if you have questions etc.

I'll be around if you need someone to talk to as will many others ok

Good luck to you gforce, I hope everything goes smoothly for you from here.

Take care 

Ns

Thank you NS. My doctor  mentioned I can add 0.05 ml to combat bad WD. Each reduction adjustment should be 7 to 10 days not 7. 

• Like 1

[gf...]

My WD today was pretty bad. Lightheaded, unbalanced walk & fatigue. That's after taking the 0.4 ml dose. I hope this will pass soon.

[ns...]
1 minute ago, [[g...] said:

Thank you NS. My doctor  mentioned I can add 0.05 ml to combat bad WD. Each reduction adjustment should be 7 to 10 days not 7. 

Hi gforce. I would wait to speak with someone here who has experience with this ok. If it were me I would not take an extra dose right now. Please try to hold off until you get advice on a taper schedule. You dint want to go backwards and extend your taper out any longer than u have to. 

Sounds like your doctor has given you a rapid taper schedule. I hope you can hold off until someone here can assist you. The numbers you've given sound like very large cuts so I just hope you can hold off for a bit

0.04 to 0.35 sounds like an awfully large cut. 

I'm sure someone like @Libertas or @Colin will stop by too help with this ok

Talk with you tomorrow 

Ns

• Like 1

[gf...]

Ok. I'll will not add the extra 0.05 ml. My doctor is reducing from 0.5 to 0.4 to 0.35 .

[ns...]
6 minutes ago, [[g...] said:

My WD today was pretty bad. Lightheaded, unbalanced walk & fatigue. That's after taking the 0.4 ml dose. I hope this will pass soon.

Gforce, it will.take time to adjust. I'm sorry, I know it can be uncomfortable. I too just cut a couple days ago and I'm having these symptoms as well. 

Try not to panic, it's all part of withdrawal symptoms, you are ok 

Once your body adjusts to the dose you should stabilize abd you will know when it's time to cut again. 

Your symptoms will go through waves and windows. Windows are when you feel much better usually. 

I dont get these myself but most everyone else does 

Be patient, compassionate with yourself, distraction helps alot. Relax and breath. 

Watch trey Jones some more 

I see you've messaged me 

Ns

• Like 1

[ns...]

Ok. I'll will not add the extra 0.05 ml. My doctor is reducing from 0.5 to 0.4 to 0.35 .

Ok good.

Let those with experience here help you through this process ok

Most doctors aren't familiar with tapering, some are, but those here with experience are best to assist until you have a good understanding of this process and can take it in your own. Hopefully your doctor will come on board once you've explained the process and perhaps read the ashton manual thar we use here.this is for later if needed.

Ns

• Like 1

[gf...]
Posted (edited)

Thank you and eveyone here for the  support ❤️

Edited by [gf...]
  • Like 1

[ns...]

Thank you and even here for the  support ❤️

You are so welcome!

:hug:

• Like 1

[gf...]

The liquid lorazepam didn't work. It caused severe drowsiness & nausea. I'm back to 0.25 ml per day until I see my psychiatrist. I'm going through very bad anxiety. Today is day 9 of my reduced dose taper. It's been rough this week. 

[ns...]
23 minutes ago, [[g...] said:

The liquid lorazepam didn't work. It caused severe drowsiness & nausea. I'm back to 0.25 ml per day until I see my psychiatrist. I'm going through very bad anxiety. Today is day 9 of my reduced dose taper. It's been rough this week. 

Hi gforce, sorry to hear this. It could be your going through an adjustment period to the liquid lorazapam and it will take time to adjust and stabilize. Or could be your used to the tablet form and may do better with those.

I just logged on for a second and saw your post.

I'm not familiar with liquid lorazapam or any other liquid benzo. If your returning to tab lorazapam I cam probably help you but I'm very symptomatic right now.

If so, you'll need a scale and a file. I added a link I believe for those.

If you need assistance with the liquid, I'm sure someone will stop by here to assist once they see your comment. 

Please let me know if your going back to the tabs ok

I'll ck in Tomorrow to see if I can assist ok

I'm sorry your going thru this. 

I don't see the links here. I'll add them tomorrow if you need them

Take care

Ns

• Like 1

[gf...]
Posted (edited)

Hi NS,

I'm going back to the tab 0.25 mg.

I think the liquid form hit you much faster thus more side affects. I'll see my psychiatrist Monday. I currently on 0.25mg tab once a day.  NS, could you post the link to scale again? Thanks 

Edited by [gf...]

[gf...]

Since the .05 ml pill is very small, if I break it into small pieces & weight them on the scale for the desired ml , would that work? I think shaving it will be a challenge.

[ns...]
4 hours ago, [[g...] said:

Since the .05 ml pill is very small, if I break it into small pieces & weight them on the scale for the desired ml , would that work? I think shaving it will be a challenge.

I think That would be ok but not completely sure. Idk how you'll get an exact weight though. I'm having trouble weighing mine now at 0.18 and 0.19 but I can still get there. After this I'll have to crush them and weigh powder. I hope you can file them for a while to an accurate dose. It's up to u but you may have an imbalance of your doses which could cost you some unwanted symptoms. 

Everyone is different, it may not bother you. You won't know for a few days probably so keep this in mind. 

I hope you can file them. 

If you take the pill and use it against the file it works best. Don't hold the pill and use the file against the pill. It's too small for that. 

I take the pill and rub it back and forth against the file it that makes sense.

Good luck with this gforce 

Take care 

Ns

• Like 1